Bogging Down Under Load

headpeace

My path got a 6 month rest in the garage recently, I started it often but didn't drive it. Finally drove her out and she had rough idle in drive (normal idle in park). So I realized the gas was certainly shiite so I syphoned it out and replaced with fresh. Still idled like crap so I put a bottle of Liqui Moly Jectron in the tank thinking the injectors were probably gunked up, ran it a few times around the neighborhood and boom, it ran like it used to, nice and smooth. Ran like that through about a half tank of fresh gas and towards the end of the tank started running like crap. When I push the gas pedal hard it bogs down big time and starts backfiring, I can let off the gas and then reapply and it accelerates normal. I do it again, push the pedal down, it bogs down and barely runs and backfires - let off and reapply the gas pedal and it runs normal. It idles like crap in drive again too, normal in park.

Any ideas? I replaced the plugs and fuel filter and that hasn't helped resolve the issue.

Edited by headpeace

• 3 weeks later...

Checked for rat nest in air filter housing? I have seen that cause your exact issues.

A bottle of Heet sounds like would be better than injector cleaner for that situation. Probably got water in the tank from condensation.

Probably gas separation/water from condensation which will leave the unwanted on the top. Add the HEET and then a few gallons of gas and see what it does.

If it is still an issue, try jiggling sensor wires when it is hot and running.

Still an issue? You might want to try draining the tank again, but hopefully that isn't the case. Get back to us before that...

B

I made my own idler arm brace .just used 4mm thick angle steel cut and drilled holes and mounted both pieces to idler arm and tacked together then removed and fully welded it. Works a treat.