New to Site, Latest Project 95 XE 4WD

OH6PILOT

Hey All,
Introduced myself on the newbie thread a couple days ago. Wanted to post a few pics of my 95 XE "Gypsy Roamer" or "Romi" as I call her...is it weird to name your Pathy?
Anyway, I'm doing a number of mods on her, and when I first purchased her in AZ last Oct for $1,000, I immediately had to take her to the mid-west without so much as a shakeout drive test, (and while there are many little quirks) she performed like a champ. Since then she's been all over the Midwest and Southwest USA. As noted, a number of little things have come up, but overall, I've become a Pathfinder nut. I used to own a helicopter company, so this "hobby" costs me alot less than my previous "hobby" and the wife doesn't mind me spending money on "Romi" (aka, the other woman) after we spent a week driving all over half the country in her. I've literally been through 4 blizzards this past winter, and she drove through snow like nobody's business, and even pulled out 3 Ford Excursions from being stuck in snow drifts.
So, I'll be on this site alot, as I have a bad habit of taking ALOT of progress pics, and I like to help other people in areas that I've had trouble, so...here goes!!
I'm putting a 3" body lift on her in a week or two, and I will post STEP BY STEP pics of the lift, to include costs, hardware pics, and where I got the parts (didn't do the kit direction because they aren't easy to come by anymore).
I've added the following from JY pathfinders in the PHX area in the past few months:
1)Spare Tire Swing Away Rack ($35)
2) Side Running boards (Nerf bars) ($15ea)
3) Front Mesh Grille from 88 Pathy (I like it much better than the 95 grille) ($10)
4) Front Brush Guard/Bull Bar ($45)
5) Wider Rims (With 31" tires - $48 each tire/rim combo=$192)
First non-JY I've done on her was the recent addition of some NEW 31x10.5x15's. ($650 Discount Tire). The JY tires had some uneven spots, and while great for tear-assing through the mud, they went quite haywire at 70mph.
Total costs into this build has been $1,000 for the buy, and $325(approx) for the JY stuff, plus the $650 for the tires, so we're still just around $2,000 for the current $$ count.
Second addition recently was removal of all of the rear seats and replacement with a huge box/platform. I'll post pics of that as well, throughout the full build.
Ok, enough chat for now. Pics are posted for reference points in the current build. Next comes:
1) 3" Body Lift
2) New Front and Rear bumpers (Custom build)
3) Improved bull bar/Brush Guard with winch assy
4) Paint...I have no idea what color I really want...
5) Transmission work...more to talk about there...
6) whatever else I can think of....
I INVITE feedback, advice, insults and just honest input, so please feel free to comment and throw me a bone!!
Enjoy!
~Hans

20160809_192410-1%201_zpsdaj2ftir.jpg

100_1067_zpseasrfvx1.jpg

100_1073_zpsnk3kn5ss.jpg

100_1071_zpsgdpqgbaw.jpg

100_1075_zps1xzs3byc.jpg

Edited by OH6PILOT
  • Like 5

Truck-box Pics

As I stated previously, I recently removed the back seats and installed a truck box / platform. This way I can store "Second Amendment Items" easily without them being visible to people looking in the windows. I'll post a thread on the full installation process for those interested.

Let me know your thoughts!

~Hans

100_1055-001_zps1x8ze1fh.jpg

100_1056-001_zpspthqrova.jpg

100_1057-001_zps5o3b7dgk.jpg

100_1058-001_zpspkwr8c67.jpg

100_1059-001_zpsqtcbovye.jpg

100_1061-001_zpsbuoyoy5b.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

UPDATE**

Just dropped a cool grand on a set of new FALKEN WILDPEAK M/T's (33x12.5x15).

Since I have the 3" body lift, the rears are just fine, but the fronts required some new shocks (way overdue anyway) and had to trim out a bit of the fenders. Going to drop in a Calmini 3" lift in about a month.

Also yanked off the previous roof rack and installed the Xterra rack, as well as a few other mods. About to put a new front bumper/grill guard on this weekend, too.

What are your thoughts?

These tires and the different rims seriously changed the look of the truck.

kQCVW47.jpg

n6s7Dl7.jpg

Edited by OH6PILOT
  • Like 1