Vg33er swap

I would take a look at the service manuals for your rig and for your intended donor, especially the layout of the plug for the ECU. If it's the same plug, with the same wires in the same places, you might be able to swap ECUs with minimal re-wiring. The only electrical difference that I'm aware of between the two motors is that the ER has a supercharger bypass solenoid, which you would have to run a new wire for (and possibly add a pin to the ECU plug).

• 2 weeks later...

My truck has been swapped (by a previous owner).

I can tell you they took everything from a frontier (ECU, Engine Wire harness, sensors, valves, engine, transmission, exhaust) they did splice in the dash wires, AC and likely the fuel pump.

The only issue I have is the Tach is off by a third (4 cyl to 6). Some of the choices they made when it was installed caused a few headaches when I did the SAS but for the most part they did a good job.

Some people will tell you it's not worth it for a small WOT HP gain....but the drive-ability is vastly improved over a stock vg30 or 33.

13925386_1108850489161765_13006731925274

• 3 weeks later...

I figured i should have taken everything from the junkyard xterra but i was too late

New plan sell just the super on ebay

Found a site that sells all the gaskets from bottom to top, oil pump, and 1mm oversized pistons and rings as a kit

Now my old block is sitting at the machine shop and the vg33er block will become a coffee table/jwfsol block

Also taking injectors and rods from the vg33er. Excited for it to come back