Heavy Duty Rear Coils?

I am looking for new rear coils for my 02 QX4. I notice that it sags fairly significantly (to the point where my lift disappears and beyond) when I load it up with gear for camping or when towing a relatively light trailer. I currently have fleury's 2" spacer lift installed which is great off-road and helps keep it off the bump-stops when loaded up, but it still squats. In my search for a better solution, the best I have found is these "medium duty coils".

http://www.4x4parts.com/i-18981486-pathfinder-medium-duty-rear-coils.html

I am hoping that something tougher exists, but I can't seem to find it. Also, does something more heavy duty exist that is also longer than stock? If I could get a firmer spring that also replaces my current spacers, that would be great.

If something Pathfinder-specific doesn't exist, are there other options? I was thinking that maybe WJ lift springs could be used. My thought process is this: a 4" SFD requires 3" lift springs in the rear, so maybe my 2" lift would work well with 1" WJ lift springs?

Don't be fooled by the AC listing...those are the OME MD springs (rear HD don't exist). They don't give much lift, but the load handling is good. AirLift bags are also an option to help with load, but they are not for lifting.

The only R50-specific option that would be firmer would be the actual AC springs, which have a higher spring rate that provides lift. I'd consider that your HD option.

If you're going to explore WJ spring options, get a taller lift spring and ditch the spacers...too many parts to deal with.

• Like 1

AC springs are around 220# there is a thread or post on the forum where someone had em tested or actually has a quote from AC.

As far as the OME springs. They are pretty good. If you need more. Get the air bags.

In the pic I'm loaded down for a 5day camping trip with the family. Held up well. Total droop was not much. Basically made the truck level.

a4b11d037a21a0d9cc025987af1c8937.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

AC springs are around 220# there is a thread or post on the forum where someone had em tested or actually has a quote from AC.

Was that for the front spring though? Front OE is 150 and OME is 200, so AC at 220 seems reasonable there.

So your truck has OME coils in the rear? If that's the case, then I think that's what I'll get.

You'll like them. They've done well for me. Though, right now they appear to sag but it's because my truck doesn't rake unloaded. Working on that...

• Like 1

Just curious, how are the rear springs when unloaded? Not too bad? I always hear about the front springs, but not the rears.

You know, one way you could ballpark the spring rate for us is to maybe have 1-2 people sit in the cargo area between the wheel wells, then measure how much the rear lowers. Presuming the springs are constant rate, then it's simply lbs per in. So if two 200-lb guys make it 1" lower, then that's 400 lbs/in, or 200 lbs/in per spring. I wouldn't mind knowing if you have the means.

Hawairish: Ever drove or ridden in a 80's F350, or Dodge 1ton. Thats what it was like when a local guy down here put on AC springs. Guys say they are stiff at first then settle down. But man, my kidney's and liver are already abused by me.

Sorry Mojo, I meant that for tdurb1327 to get numbers for the AC springs. But, are you running stock springs? 100 lbs/in sounds about right for stock springs if they're worn a little...though if he just sat at the rear of the truck and not directly over the axle, that number would be a little lower than actual.