P1135 2001 le 3.5 litre

I have just recently replaced my vvt solenoid and sensor on the LH bank (drivers side)to fix my p1136 fault. Today i have a p1135 code. Which my haynes manual is telling me it is a variable valve timing control system malfunction. Not sure where to start on this. I would have thought changing the other 2 components would fix that system. Any help is greatly appreciated. Trucks got 123k miles on it and it seems its starting to slowly fall apart on me.

Thanks Hawairish. That manual is nice. It did give me at least a path to go down. If it's the right one only time will tell lol. As I said before both the left hand sensor and solenoid were replaced as well as my No1 Coil pack (different code for that one). Which put me back on the road. According to what you linked me to there are 2 crank shaft sensors, a camshaft sensor and the harness that may or may not be causing the problem. I'm going to go ahead and replace all the sensors and cross my fingers on the harness. I hear wire harness and I cringe a bit :). I'll post again whenever I can get this done. For now I'll have to wait for payday.

Good luck! That manual is the genuine Nissan shop manual, by the way.

Here's something I always keep in mind when it comes to P codes...don't assume it's a faulty sensor or switch or something otherwise "obvious" given the code description. Always check the basics (grounds, connections, voltages, resistance) and work up to the most expensive parts (sensors). And try to think of correlations and events. I mean, when it comes to tracing sensors and stuff like this, ask yourself what the odds of parts X, Y, and Z all failing simultaneously. A loose gas cap, for instance causes the stupidest of codes to trigger. I hate dealing with these myself. I usually just reset them initially then wait and see if they'll resurface, but that's just me.

Well on that note prior to this mess with the P1136 code and my coilpack crapping out I had a LH bank FWD O2 sensor fault. This has disappeared after I erased the codes and it has not come back on yet. Could an O2 sensor being faulty cause my VTT sensor to get fowled up and go bad? The sensor when I removed it was pretty gunked up.