ELECTRICAL ISSUE DASHBOARD BATTERY LIGHT FLASHES ON AND OFF WHILE DRIVING

chito1953

For some unknown reason the dashboard battery light in my 1993 SE Pathfinder will blink or flash momentarily while driving, I've had the vehicle checked with the engine running and the man said it all tested fine. I had a new battery installed about three months ago and trouble persists and thus far I've had it recharged twice. It isn't the battery though because it used to do exactly the same thing before. The alternator was replaced about three years ago and never had any issues with it....HELP....ANYONE!..... THANKS IN ADVANCE BUDS.

Thanks a bunch I'll have it checked right away....I had in mind checking the alternator, but on the other hand like you suggested it could be a wiring problem I forgot to add that it begins flashing after it's been running for a while....half an hour or so (when wires become hot) and then if I go off road (which I do quite often because I live out in the county and the only access is through gravel and dirt roads) with the tumbling it becomes a nuisance (the flashing)...... THANKS AGAIN HAVE A NICE DAY!