Steering wheel vibrations

Okay so I recently put on some new American racing wheels with slightly larger tires than stock. The wheels have the same bolt pattern but are lug-centric, not hub-centric. I've noticed that when I'm on the highway the steering wheel will shake/vibrate at certain speeds. Sometimes it does it an sometimes it doesn't. Seems to happen in the 60 mph range, but I haven't really gone much faster. The wheels are balanced (at least as far as I know... I bought them with the tires mounted but they did have weights on them). Is it shaking because the wheels aren't hub-centric? If so, is it going to be an issue? I like the wheels but I don't want anything to happen because I'm not taking proper precautions. Let me know if you guys have any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just install new coil springs on my pathy... Using same tires... Something similar happend to me... Sometimes at low speed 30km/h or high speed 60-80km/h the steering wheel started to vibrate... Yesterday i went to align an re-balance tires and problem solved.

I had it aligned pretty recently, but not since I put on the new wheels and tires. I will definitely do that and see if it helps. Thanks guys (:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just because the wheels and tires has weights on them doesn't mean they are balanced. As the tires wear down you need to re-balance them. I agree with the previous post and do the alignment. If that doesn't get rid of the shaking, you might want to take a look at your suspension, bushings, and axles. Good luck!

I had a bad vibration in my '04 that took getting the tires balanced 3 times plus aligning it myself at work before it was completely stopped. Total toe was .27° off which is way too much, in fact it started feathering the tires which also added to the vibration.

Talking to my mechanic and the guy from the alignment service place, they agree with the rotation, balance and aligment of the wheels... It has to be done every 5000km... Because of th characteristics of our roads, weather, etc...