Need to Program Computer (ECM or ECU?)

wmj259

I plugged that connector back into that black box, now I hear clicking noise from that box, and the drive status (the light on the instrument cluster that shows if its in AWD 2WD) thing blinks every time the box is blinking.

So After trying to do the relearns wrong, I looked at the preconditions needed to be good to relearn. Appearantly RPM should be 800, Im getting 850.

is that a remote start thing? definitely looks aftermarket. Perhaps you can clip the zip-ties and get a look at the thing to see if there is any brand/model/etc info on it that you can google and figure it out.

• Like 1

I googled how to change the idle rpm, and came up with rotating the TPS in order to lower or increase idle rpm. I managed to lower the car to 750 RPM, but I am waiting for the car to cool down to confirm. Will probably be tomorrow as its not cooled down yet. I did lean a house fan up against the hood to speed up the process but I guess its gonna take longer.

is that a remote start thing? definitely looks aftermarket. Perhaps you can clip the zip-ties and get a look at the thing to see if there is any brand/model/etc info on it that you can google and figure it out.

Thats what I am thinking, when I plugged that connector in, I noticed that the awd/2wd light on the instrument cluster (the one that has the individual lights for each wheel and lights up when its in the different modes type cluster). That blinks so does the clock above the radio, also as I was walking outside I noticed the emergency lights were blinking also. Also to add the box itself was making a blinking type noise (the noise that the turn signals make or the emergency light makes).

Thank you for the reply :lol: , thought I was getting lonely. :lmao:

I went back to take more pictures, I saw another box right below the steerwheel bar (the thing that goes to the racknpinion). there is some really bad wiring job, as one wire that appears to have a FUSE, is completely wrapped with electrical tape.

Y4KEfQW.jpgSndEG6Z.jpgv1kpUk1.jpg

Edited by wmj259

Well you are in for a good ride guys,

I just discovered total of 3 black boxes that SHOULD NOT be there.

Sounds like the last owner pissed off a bank or someone.

Shadey wiring job showed me where to look. :)

What a crime scene these wires are, will post pictures soon, but omg the amount of plastic shed is real.

I lowered my rpm by turning the tps. MY Snap-on scanner is telling me there is a screw on the IACV valve. I do not see a screw on it. Someone help me with this.

I've done the relearns probably 20 times now. But the only one I cant get done is the IACV one. When it says in the step to hold the gas pedal for 20 seconds till the SES light comes and stays on?
But the thing is I dont have any lights on at the moment. cluster is clear of lights.
It comes on and it just doesnt stop flashing. It probably stays on for 2 seconds and flashes and 2 seconds over and over again. Is that what it means?

Well I got most of that crap out. I am a bit confused. What security system would this be for? I have the only remote+key for the truck. Bank, security, dealer? Well I see that the ECM that I have doesn't match what the dealer says I should have but that shouldn't be a problem though since the vehicle runs? Dealer wants 1100 for ecm +programming. :deadhorse:

I got it all out thank god. I will do the IACV relearns again, hopefully I get them right.

I lowered my rpm by turning the TPS. MY Snap-on scanner is telling me there is a screw on the IACV valve. I do not see a screw on it. Someone help me with this.

I've done the relearns probably 20 times now. But the only one I cant get done is the IACV one. When it says in the step to hold the gas pedal for 20 seconds till the SES light comes and stays on?
But the thing is I don't have any lights on at the moment. cluster is clear of lights.
It comes on and it just doesn't stop flashing. It probably stays on for 2 seconds and flashes and 2 seconds over and over again. Is that what it means?

I guess the issue is with the TPS or IACV that I just got. Not getting any SES light or any codes. :/:angry::/ If I follow this

Throttle Position Sensor NAEC0419 Throttle valve conditions Voltage (at normal operating temperature, engine off, ignition switch ON, throttle opener disengaged)

Completely closed (a) 0.15 - 0.85V

Partially open Between (a) and (B)

Completely open (B) 3.5 - 4.7V

I measure this by putting a wire into the TPS brow connector middle port.

hTVsHBb.jpg

mSRj8cg.jpg

VWJQpQX.jpg

svVoUiR.jpg

Edited by wmj259

Could this be because the ECM is the wrong part number than what it should be?

I have a 23714 4W001 when it should be either 23710 5W511 OR 23710 6W100

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I just started to get back to this PF after about a week of working on my Element.
I just started the engine and I am getting the P1165 SWL_CON_VC_SW/CIRC.
I just changed that part. Maybe I have it in backwards?
FbNscFO.jpg
suOcoNo.jpg

HN7VWCG.jpg
Or maybe the hoses are in the wrong place.
I just looked up what this code is and appearantly it is the vacuum part on the side driver fender.
33620.png

• 5 months later...