What is the best way to bypass the clutch safety switch besides sadering?

KILLANOLA

Yup, PathyAndTheJets is right. Its the only solution. Possible it might be a bad switch too.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Edited by NP670

Perhaps the clutch switch is not the issue...Check the connections to the starter, does it have a remote start or aftermarket alarm installed? Check that too.

And did you mean soldering? Sorry but bad spelling really bothers me, especially when even your phone has a spell checker.

Edited by adamzan
  • Like 1

Sorry adamzz I wasn't using my phone. I noticed you edited your post for ?? Was it spelling or the run on sentence. Wait no the run on sentence is still there. lol Really Dad no grammar lesson from you :P

But back to the issue. I still cant seem to get the switch off? does it have 2 releases? There is only one side showing. Does the clutch safety switch screw into the metal brace?

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, it screws on to the bracket and its just one...I will be changing mine and I'll just use a momentary push button switch

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Edited by NP670

The clutch safety switch just provides a ground to the starter relay under the hood. Easiest way to bypass the switch would be to disconnect the wire coming from the switch at the relay and run a new wire from a ground to the spot on the relay where you disconnected the wire.

If your having problems with the truck is starting, the starter relay is a common item to fail.

Edited by ahardb0dy