oil dip stick stuck and broke off

Macrow

I have a 1995 Pathfinder with the VG30E Engine my problem is that the dip stick is stuck inside the oil pan and while trying to remove the dip stick the top of the dip stick broke just leaving the cable from dip stick stuck in pan. Has anyone had this problem or know any way to remove this without having to remove the oil pan itself?

Did you or someone have the pan off recently? Because that usually happens when someone leaves the stick in the holder when reinstalling the pan. And it gets caught.

Could try and fish it out through the drain plug. Or pull the dip stick tube from the block, cut the very end of the dip stick off, and fish it out through the drain plug. Or pull the pan.

This happened to me and it ended up getting cut off by the crank...

@Adamzan yes we had the Pan off of it last week when we were swapping out the Engine turns out my friend that was helping me put the dipstick back in it when putting things back together so guessing that this is the case of this.

@Kingman we tried fishing it out through the drain plug with no success doing that we had the dipstick tube out the other day to see if that would help get access to it but didn't cut it off yet. We are going to give it another go here shortly and try to fish it out again before we go to cut it off or drop the pan which hopefully we don't have to drop the pan.

Yes, that is what I did actually once got that side of the pan bolts out was able to pry the pan open and after some pulling and fishing around was a success in removing the dipstick from the pan.

• Like 1