Completely different than what I am used to but it is alot of fun

Bladesz

Recently just bought a 1995 XE and was told I should come check out this forum. I'm new to the whole 4x4 thing, my other vehicle is a 2000 g20 that I have converted to 6 speed. So far I have driven on some trails that a friend has. and I really like it. Once I figure out how to post photos I will do that. I would like to replace some bushing in the near future and hopefully some tire.

so far I've picked up some poly strut mount bushings but I can't break the nut loose to I'm going to try to get it on a lift so i can get more leverage on the wrench. would it be a bad idea to change the transmission filter? I have heard some pro and cons to changing transmission fluid in an automatic with higher miles than most. id like to keep it running as long as possible.

I remember those being a right pain on my '95. Hopefully yours give up without too much drama. Plan on needing to rebuild the mounts behind the bushings, usually they're hogged out in there and the cups are shot. I rebuilt mine with bearing cups welded to the frame.

From what I've read, if the tranny fluid doesn't look too horribly dark, smell burned, or feel gritty, you should be fine to replace the fluid. If the fluid is gritty, though, the clutches are already coming apart and that grit might be the only thing making them engage. I flushed the fluid on my '93 (which was reddish brown at 230k miles and showed a hint of metallic shimmer low in the system) through the cooler lines and added an aftermarket cooler and a Magnefine external filter. I didn't bother with the pan filter.