Interesting day...

Remus92

So heading home from work. I lost some lug nuts... And subsequently a friggin wheel... The last time i rotated was around 2k miles ago... Probably should have retorqued i guess.

So it broke one stud and bent several others and knocked the drum loose as i came skidding to a stop. Called my dad and got a ride to the parts store to buy new nuts and studs. We ended up fixing it on a gravel road as there was one directly across where i came grinding to a halt.

I said f this to fixing it on the busy road i was on. I ended up using the lsd and throwing it in 4hi to drag the ass across the road and onto the less busy gravel road. Got the brakes back together, new studs installed, and the spare on.

Yeah this whole stupid ordeal messed up my aluminium wheel a little....

I will end up having my good tire put on the spare until i find a new wheel.... As i do not trust the tire that is my spare...

So, i will probably will call some junk yards to see my options. But if anyone has the 15inch 6 spoke aluminium wheels from the early r50s that they want to get rid of let me know. I will probably make a post in the wtb section later.

Psa retorque within 200 miles. :) I'm going to have to make a build thread for all the stuff that breaks... I keep fixing them though lol

• Like 2

It honestly wasn't too bad to fix roadside... Even in the nasty heat we had today. And it could have been way worse, but i had slowed down for the corner where the lug nuts left all let loose. It didn't get very squirrelly. It is a joke with me and my family that these damn pathfinders are trying to kill me... Rolling my first and getting pinned under this one. I just tell them I'm crush resistant. They like that better than invincible!

Just have to find a wheel and it will be back to normal. Also going to install another new distributor tomorrow. Hopefully that one will last longer!

Bummer, glad it didn't end up worse.

You can buy remanufactured OEM wheels on Rock Auto, check the Wheels section for your model. Every now and then you can what you need on eBay...just be sure to use at least "OEM" in the search otherwise you get a bunch of crap results back.

• Like 1