Removing rear bumper

Demonpath03

Thought about it, the few times I've removed the bumper cover. The cover is just for aesthetics, of course...it'd free up some ground clearance behind the tires, but wouldn't be worth it unless I also removed my hitch.

What if someone rear ends you though? I'd rather them dent the bumper than the actual frame. Think about it. Bumper is easier to find either at wreckers or online than trying to straighten the frame.

Well, you make a point. But I'm interested in seeing the exposed area where the trailer hitch mounts, if you don't mind. Can only see so much on mine with everything still mounted.

I just had to track down a bumper for mine. That was not fun. Some A$*hole on his phone wasnt paying attention. These wd21s are getting scarce around here.

Damn that sux...if I could afford a steel bumper I'd buy one in a heartbeat but a new ac comp and install is setting me back $1350

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That sucks. If you're looking a for new steel one, I found Tactical Armor Group makes some that you can add the tire carrier and integrated reciever hitch.