1993 Pathfinder XE automatic transmission quit pulling while driving

My pathfinder wasn't slipping what so ever. I was driving it down the road with no noise, no slipping, it just quit pulling. It doesn't even try to move no matter what gear it's in. It has 238,147 miles on it and I've never had any problems out of it. Is the transmission shot you think? I'm having a hard time locating a used 2x2 automatic transmission around Harrison,Tennessee.

Edited by Mastindanes

I know a guy with a transmission from an xterra 2wd and in Tennessee.

How's the fluid color and level? When was the last time the fluid was changed? Original copper radiator or plastic? Could be electrical like one of the solenoids.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Will an terra bolt up to the engine without a problem? I changed the transmission filter and fluid around a year ago. The fluid looks fine.I think the radiator is the original. I am not the first owner. I've had it for 7-8 years. The only thing I've replaced was alternator, starter, brakes, plugs, plug wires, transmission filter, fluid, and oil. It runs great!

TC sounds likely to me too. If it was just a solenoid or something I would still expect some response in some gear.

The 4x X transmissions are supposed to bolt in with little fuss. I assume the 2x X trans would do the same.

When you start it does the transmission show any codes? The light on the Eco/Power switch will stay solid for a few seconds upon starting it if not. If it starts to blink, count!

A 4x4 transmission will work, you just don't need the transfer case. You'd have to separate it and swap the tail housing from your original transmission to it. And yes, an Xterra transmission is plug and play in our WD21 Pathfinders.