Wheel Spacers

PtownPathy01

I've got the G2 Gear&Axle wheel spacers and they work great. No complaints here. But the dont make them for a Nissan so you must get the Toyota ones with the bigger hub bore. I made that mistake the first try.

• 2 months later...

question on lug thread depth.

Was bolting up spacers and noticed only 50% depth. Remounted OE wheel with open lug and noticed the same

my question is with the extra load on the hardware does this pose a potential issue ?

I just found it odd that the OE wheel and stud/lug combo only threads on 50%

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

With wheel spacers of any kind you should really replace the lugs with longer ones. Due to the fact that the lug nut is now holding onto the outer end of the lug so even if they are torqued down, you could still slide into something and pop a lug or multiple lugs and at speed that's a very dangerous thing to have happen.

Actually dont get the ones that just slide on. Those are GARBAGE. You have to get the ones that bolt onto yours that come out with their own studs like these. :clickdalink:http://g2axle.com/pages/view/spacers

Agreed, but I'll take it to my ultimate belief: Do not use wheel spacers at all unless it is a show car/trailer queen. Use wheels with proper backspacing...

B

• Like 2

I'd go with the advice from Precise1 above. I've seen more of these break when all the local wannabe 's try and follow me.

As for you asking for a price. A cheap set is around $100 on ebay. There's multiple sizes and a quick search on there pulled up a bunch of them.

Sent from inside my potato

I've ran them three different times. On 2 4wds and once on my Monte Carlo. I never had any issues on the 4x4's even lug centric. I used lockrite and greased the back of the acorns and did a star pattern and went hand tight to torque and I sand the flush mounting points.

The Monte I was just trying to get by for 3 weeks until the prosper backspace wheels came in... No grease.... No locktite. Just torqued and during a staging burnout I slipped one. Literally broke 3 nuts and stripped the threads on a couple. Nearly killed me when I launched (I thought I just had wheel hop)

So I actually still trust them. I just don't mess around if I install them. I take serious time and do it proper. And check them after weather changes.

I run a 1" now on my R50. I don't know if it's public information but if you use 1" on stock Tri spokes you can put your center caps over the Warns without cutting a hole in them.

I've run wheel spacers in the past on a few vechiles (and currently on my Jeep honestly). Slide on ones can be shakey, but my torque wrench is on my list of favorite tools so I didn't have issues with them (I check torque a lot). I actually have 1.5" bolt on 'Spidertrax' brand on my Heep right now and like them (no shimmy or shake from them, highway speed included), but don't really wheel it right now (gotta let that payment book get a little thinner-and different tires)

• 3 months later...

Precise is correct. If you wheel, then dont use them, as they give leverage on your suspension and cause ball joints to wear much faster.

Using spacers or using rims with backspacing present the same leverage and forces on the suspension and steering components. They both move the point of ground contact out further.

My reasoning for not using them is it's just another part to break. I think they get a bad rep because a lot of people buy the first cheap ones on eBay they find, but even if you get good ones, I say why put another potential point of failure on such a critical part of the vehicle?