Save it or no?

matt121

Hi all,

I have a 1992 XE-V6 2wd automatic pathfinder. It did not pass smog in 2012, so it has sat for a while. About 6 months ago, I have turned it on (with a new battery of course) and it works great!

There is a bit more than 200,000 miles on the odometer, and I was wondering if I should spend the money to save it or not.

I live in California, so emissions testing is a bit harder than most of the US.

Thanks for the input!

Depends on your budget, your time. You will never get the money out of the rig that you put into it. My thought, it's paid for, no monthly payment, cheaper insurance, cheaper registration.

Why did it not pass smog before? I would say a full tune up, O2 sensor, timing belt. You can easily put more money back into it than the rig is worth. Consider that.

Check out the "how many miles on your pathfinder" thread. I just turned 241,000. Still going strong, knock on wood. Taken care of, this engine will last.

Regular oil changes really helps. Not having to pay someone to perform repairs, priceless

Thanks for the input. I do not know why it didn't pass smog, it was years ago, it could be a multitude of reasons. But thanks again for the advice and input.I really appreciate it.