Xterra parts worth keeping before I scrap it?

Dma251

I have an xterra I bought a while ago for the engine and trans. I'm getting ready to scrap it and am not sure if I want to keep the whole rear axle or just the 3rd member and axles. It's drum brake, so I see little future in it for my WD21.

Is it worth the hassle to pull out the whole rear axle? What would you guys keep from it?

You asked for an opinion...so if it it was ME I'd keep the whole thing. I still have the first car I ever owed, 1962 Plymouth Belvedere. I've saved a few others over the years as well.

How much room you have? If you have space pull ANYTHING that seems remotely intriguing. That or make a couple bucks parting it out... I know people like the roof racks from them...

• Like 1

Anything you think you can sell or might need for yours. I'd rather save lots of parts I don't use than realize I chucked the one part I need. Relays, fuses, light bulbs, fasteners, I'm sure there's a lot of shared parts that could save you a trip to the auto parts store later on. The interior might be worth a quick look too, on the off chance there's something good hidden somewhere. (Didn't Xterras have some kind of first aid kit in the rear hatch?)

I'm not sure what good the rear axle will do you though. The suspension's different from the Pathy so it won't swap directly, and the spline count is different so the 3rd won't swap in either. Unless you have someone who wants to buy it, or it's got the 4.9 gears, I wouldn't bother with it.