Hello everyone

Sylmarv

Hi my name is sylvia and i just bought a 1994 pathfinder about 2 months ago. Well it runs beautiful for having 273000 miles except one problem the ignition turns over without a key. Anything you put in the ignition will start the pf. My 6yr old son tells everyone you dont need a key to start my mommy truck so needless to say i didnt want to risk it getting stole so i decided to put a kill switch. I took off the cover and cut the ign wire i tried starting it and it only cranked didnt start i attatched the wires to the switch and tried again same thing no start so i flipped the switch to the on position and when i did the bare wire touched the metal housing on the column and gave a little jolt and now nothing. It wont crank no radio no cig lighter but there is lights no turn signal either. I took off the switch and tried connecting the wires back again and still nothing. I checked all the blade fuses under dash on drivers side and none are blown. Help me please. Thank you.

:welcome:

Your battery may have died. Also, usually these are simple problems ..a shorted wire, ..a loose connector. If you cannot diagnose the problem correctly then you may change other things which could cause more or other problems. If you can, take it to a reputable local auto shop. They can put in a start button and also wire in a secret kill switch for you. Probably not more than $160 to $200 ..would be my guess. Others from here may have more specific advice for you. Hope this helps and good luck. When you get a chance post some photos of your Pathfinder. Cheers

• 2 weeks later...