What's the OEM mass air flow sensor connector look like?

39846c6abe439bb2f4f759396cabc4b1.jpg3cab4c607bb0f185860ee678e8527b37.jpg742f8456a32cfb6e656d1286c814500e.jpgHey everybody! I have issues with the pathy not wanting to shift after an tranny rebuild. I took it back to the shop and after they checked the tranny (which is great) he noticed that one of the sensor connectors is wrong. He said most likely, the previous owner went to a junkyard and found a four wire connector, and adapted it to the three wire that the pathy uses. Does anyone have a picture of what the original connector looks like? I have pictures of what's going on with mine. 

Sent on the go!

That is a factory part. It does look terrible, but it was to add another ground to the MAF sensor. You can try plugging it in direct, but it may bring back the issue that the sub harness fixed, which is stalling, erratic idle, and an engine light with code 45.

It adds an additional ground. I spliced one into my old pathy myself and bolted it to that bolt with the alternator ground on the rad support. Never had another issue.

That's kinda what I was getting at, I was thinking of adding one myself if it makes a difference. Mine has been having an erratic idle for a year now and recently started stalling now and then.

It adds an additional ground. I spliced one into my old pathy myself and bolted it to that bolt with the alternator ground on the rad support. Never had another issue.

I did the same but moved my "new" ground to just under the relay bank next to the MAF.

Hah. Yeah, that's actually a factory Nissan sub harness for the MAF on our WD21. Spared no expense eh???

The one I have on my truck looks only slightly less janky and it's only a year old. Yours looks like it's been there for a looooonnnnngggggg minute. At any rate, what the others have been saying is true. Our trucks have an issue with MAF grounding on the factory harness. So they made that lovely jumper harness with an extra long ground wire so you can put it where ever you want. I have mine grounding to the intake manifold in the same spot as some other sensors ground.