Swapping out purple engine

mo3chang

Long story condensed.

Saw a fellow NPORA WD21 lifted to high heaven on calmini suspension cruising in Bellflower and it made me miss my pathy. So i decided to rebuild instead of "buying" something and new half plastic.

Background Driveway mechanic my mother hired as a surprise to help me finish a water pump job ended up hacking up my pathfinder, so now I've decided to go for an engine swap. I was borrowing the driveway at my parents, got called in to work, came back and the idiot was cutting off my electric radiator fans from the harness and my freshly changed water pump on floor. Said it wasn't stock and he mixed up all my labeled screws . The guy got a right hook for trying to hustle my mom and mess up my car.

I've decided on a vg33 I'm letting my actual mechanic finish the job since I don't have time.

Aside from miscellaneous hoses and bits

I would need

Vg33 clutch

Actual vg33 engine found a place local

**$750 jdm engine , intake, power steering, alternator, engine harness and ecu**

I have

A quest alternator that bolts up with pulley swap

Two 13 electric radiator

fans

Upgraded two row radiator

Cold air intake

3 inch body lift

Pulled out ac out

Manual 4wd

I also have Mr 510's adapter to use all my original accessories but I may just switch over to the new one and splice the harness myself

Any other pieces I need or suggest while she is being worked on?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

352160b8f66f5e52fe4e0ae01b317827.jpg95552fbec4908981462fb717b5d8a77d.jpg

The old engine.

I was going through the ordeal of going to junk yard taking pictures and bringing screws back to match them but that fit old after I realized my car was old and instead of putting down for a new car I'd just wake mine up

If you know your injectors were working before the swap you should be okay. If you're not, just get them tested. Supposedly that the newer injectors were more ethanol resistant. Not sure how but I recall someone mentioning it.

• Like 1

Injectors are included with the motor I'm swapping in. I have injectors in working order for both engines. I think I'll be using the newer ones since they are more ethanol resistant and look cleaner

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...