New center console?

Madcheshire13

Hello I'm trying to find a new center console for my 1991 Pathfinder. I heard the next model up is compatible but the ebrake may have to be shifted. Is it something that I would be able to do easily or should I take it to someone that is more mechanically inclined than myself? Also where would I find the center console to replace the current one? Thanks in advance!

Wrecking yard is your best bet there. I've read that the R50 console will fit but, like you said, the e-brake has to be moved. I don't remember if there's a bolt-on solution to that but I would expect to have to cut/weld something. If you want direct fitment, the console out of any square dash rig should bolt right up. The later round dash console is a little taller in the front and won't fit below the older square dash.

• Like 1

My current console is wobbly, busted in parts and I really want cup holders... Lol.

Yep, you've got a WD21. :lol:

I'm toying with the idea of making a custom one for mine. The stock console does have something pretending to be cup holders under the arm rest, but I found them to be a ) perfectly situated to dump the drink into the center console and b ) right at elbow height.

• Like 1

I don't think I've come across that particular style of console. It may be that all of mine have been manuals. On all of my WD21s the armrest/console portion would sit in the base and is screwed down through the base into the plastic grommets on the floor. I was even able to put the top portion from a '95 into the base of my '87 D21. There has never been a decent cup holder on any of the D/WD21s.

It looks like you should be able to take your current armrest off and install the top console/armrest from a newer WD21. My old '92 had the taller console while my '91 just has the armrest so I would look at '92-95, but they may have had them earlier.

• Like 1