Lift info

kent9571

No you wouldn't. There's no spring support on the subframe. Just make an upper spring perch or coilover mount that bolts to the strut tower.

Leaf spring wise I need a front a rear support. Link wise would cost too much for me. It'd be easier to build mounts off the subframe

Leaf spring wise I need a front a rear support. Link wise would cost too much for me. It'd be easier to build mounts off the subframe

Ah, sorry, forgot you mentioned leaf springs. Still, not sure the subframe helps. The most-forward points are the tapered corners near where the sway bar mounts, but that doesn't seem forward enough to be useful. Perhaps a new subframe that provides motor mount perches and connects to the radiator crossmember for additional rigidity? You could probably even integrate a mounting surface for the steering box. Curious to see what you come up with...

Ah, sorry, forgot you mentioned leaf springs. Still, not sure the subframe helps. The most-forward points are the tapered corners near where the sway bar mounts, but that doesn't seem forward enough to be useful. Perhaps a new subframe that provides motor mount perches and connects to the radiator crossmember for additional rigidity? You could probably even integrate a mounting surface for the steering box. Curious to see what you come up with...

I'll send a rough sketch of my blue prints when I can put it on the rack and take a picture

But back to reality... can i not just replace the coils with larger coils, even in the front, and gain lift? I don't feel safe with stacked coil spacers

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk

You can get lift coils, good for up to 2" of lift, but the limiting factor is the strut...no one makes a longer strut. Spacers soon become your only lift option.

There's really no issue with the strut spacers, though...for the ones that are available (except the KrF 4" ones), they'll just use longer hardware that bolts through the entire spacer, sandwiched by strut mount and unibody. Aside from compressive force, there's practically none in any other direction that isn't handled other components in the suspension.

• Like 1

You can get lift coils, good for up to 2" of lift, but the limiting factor is the strut...no one makes a longer strut. Spacers soon become your only lift option.

There's really no issue with the strut spacers, though...for the ones that are available (except the KrF 4" ones), they'll just use longer hardware that bolts through the entire spacer, sandwiched by strut mount and unibody. Aside from compressive force, there's practically none in any other direction that isn't handled other components in the suspension.

What about fender rolling? I'm not sure what problems people have with bigger tires and where they end up scrubbing but in order to fit bigger tires couldn't that be an option?

I'm sure some guys have gotten away with minor trimming (bumper corner, wheel wells) or rolling to fit 32" on just AC lift springs (2"), but also may have needed wheel spacers or wheels with different offsets. Haven't had that setup to know for sure, but I did have a little bit of rub in reverse with 31", OME MD springs, and a .5" strut spacer.

I'm sure some guys have gotten away with minor trimming (bumper corner, wheel wells) or rolling to fit 32" on just AC lift springs (2"), but also may have needed wheel spacers or wheels with different offsets. Haven't had that setup to know for sure, but I did have a little bit of rub in reverse with 31", OME MD springs, and a .5" strut spacer.

I could deal with that for a year or 2 until I'm ready to straight axle. You got any pics of yours?

I need to get some updated pics, but here's how it sat with just OME MDs (and 0.5" spacer) on 31":

IMG_2817.jpg

Then eventually 3" SFD (2" rear spacers, 3" strut spacers) on same springs:

IMG_3363.jpg

Edited by hawairish
  • Like 1

I'd love 35's and no lift. Idk. My fender roller comes in soonish so after I get decent with it I'll try trimming the fenders and rolling em to make it look manageable

• 2 weeks later...

I need to get some updated pics, but here's how it sat with just OME MDs (and 0.5" spacer) on 31":

IMG_2817.jpg

Then eventually 3" SFD (2" rear spacers, 3" strut spacers) on same springs:

IMG_3363.jpg

Di you have any pics from the side with the 2in spacer? I've been wanting to install similar but not sure if it will be out too much.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

That last lift pic might actually be the 2"/2" (+OMEs) now that I think about it, but this for sure is that setup:

IMG_2935.jpg

Current-ish stance (3" front and 2" rear, +OMEs):

Full_Size_Render_1.jpg

Edited by hawairish
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I'd love 35's and no lift. Idk. My fender roller comes in soonish so after I get decent with it I'll try trimming the fenders and rolling em to make it look manageable

I would assume you would need to extend the driveline an inch or two and move the whole rear axle back. If you had tires that size I don't think you could clear the rear doors.

I would assume you would need to extend the driveline an inch or two and move the whole rear axle back. If you had tires that size I don't think you could clear the rear doors.

More lift! Hahaha. I'm just at the dreaming stage