95 Pathy Low beam not working on right side.

This is a common problem. It could be one of a few problems causing it.

1. Your headlight switch is dirty, so it needs to be removed and clean out

2. Make sure wires and bulb is intact, and replace bulb if it's the bulb

One solution is buy a headlight relay kit. Or make your own. I bought the relay kit off from the Web when I was experiencing the same problem

The switch has a separate contact for each low and each high beam.

Check the bulb as was suggested (swap them) if still no low on the one side, check for power at the headlight socket, if no power, you may want to pull the switch and pry the clear (white) plastic off to expose the contacts (shown below) and try cleaning the bottom of each contact and the small metal "pad" the contact sits against. Be careful not to bend the contacts or it will never work right again. Some people just run some fine sand paper to clean the contacts.

Switch looks like this ( the contacts):

bdwgfk.jpg

Edited by ahardb0dy
  • Like 2

If it was me I would first check the bulb with an ohm meter. If it's good then I'd check the socket with either a test light or a volt meter. I think that's better than starting with the light switch.

Thanks guys, bad switch. Cleaned off the crud, works. gonna grab a new switch anyhow, it's kind clunky. The Funny thing is the guy I bought it from had obviously been chasing down the problem as he had been into all the harnesses. He sold it to me for $850.00 it only has 170K , runs like a Champ. steal of the century..

• Like 1

headlight switch is a common item that acts up over time, at least you were able to fix it.

I cleaned the contacts on the headlight switch on my former sentra and it was good for a few days than acted up again. was going to order a switch from rockauto but found the OEM switch was a few dollars more and figured the OEM switch lasted 19 years so it was worth it to pay a few dollars more to get another OEM part.

• Like 1

This is a common problem. It could be one of a few problems causing it.

1. Your headlight switch is dirty, so it needs to be removed and clean out

2. Make sure wires and bulb is intact, and replace bulb if it's the bulb

One solution is buy a headlight relay kit. Or make your own. I bought the relay kit off from the Web when I was experiencing the same problem

Hi Soninihon,

Just started looking for a headlight relay kit for my 1995 - curious what website and what kit you bought? I am always hesitant to do electrical stuff - blame it on my ignorance; so thought I'll ask someone who has already done it :)

Edited by wd21fan