Looking at buying an 02

Hi All,

Was sent here from reddit to ask some more specific questions.

So I've got my eye on an 02 pathfinder LE, drives fantastic, shifts awesome. No milkshake, next to no rust etc etc. Only issue, ABS light is on. Now I tested the 4wd as much as possible (it's the push button one on the dash.) Would go into 4lo, and I could feel the difference in 4hi in the steering. So i'm ok with buying a vehicle that will not have functioning ABS for a couple of months as I track down and fix the issues with the system, I just want to be 100% sure that the only function affected will be the ABS and not anything else (i.e. it would effectively be a pathfinder without ABS.) I want to be sure that it will not affect the way the transmission shifts, or the way the 4WD works in any mode. Can anyone confirm this for me?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I believe the auto mode will not work on your transfer case as I think it relies on the abs ''ring with teeth'' to detect wheel slippage and therefore activate the 4hi on the fly... direct 4hi or 4lo should still work though.

I believe the auto mode will not work on your transfer case as I think it relies on the abs ''ring with teeth'' to detect wheel slippage and therefore activate the 4hi on the fly... direct 4hi or 4lo should still work though.

He is absolutely correct with his statement. That is why you need to figure out how to fix the ABS.