Tire help. I know....

greenda3

So I've searched threads over a hour and now need to ask. I can't find a max tire size for 15 inch steel wheels. I've found all the offset info, but not the stock? I'm giving my path one last trip to the woods before it's sold and don't want to mount tires all day "testing" thanks guys.

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

My truck is cut for 33s, however the stock well is deep backspace. So not mutch room between tire and strut. I can fit 35s with offset wheels but guess no one uses stock chrome steelies with upgraded tires

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Tapatalk

With XE and SE trim 31x10.50 is about as big as you can go without a lift.I have an LE and had to go with different wheels to fit 31.10.50's. Hope this helps.

I was under the impression that the XE stock 15s wont hold the 31x10.50's for safety reasons?

If the stock XE 15's are the same size and backspace as the LE's,you are correct.I thought XE's came with the metric equivalent of 31's. Sorry for the misinformation.

I was under the impression that the XE stock 15s wont hold the 31x10.50's for safety reasons?

The stock wheel back spacing is fairly rotten, if I had been running my duratracs on my stock SE wheels. The spring perch on the struts would be hitting the tire, probably so much so you couldn't actually bolt the wheel on. Some people run spacers to help push the wheel away, giving it a more aggressive look and fixing the tire contact problems.

If you look in the wheel and tire thread there are few pictures showing just how close the tire gets the spring perch, even after getting new wheels.

-Kyle