Auto to manual swap, clutch interlock switch in tall with swap

RCWD21

I'm swapping the 3 speed from my 87 pathy to a 5 speed from a donor and I was wondering about the interlock switch.

Is the dash harness for the auto trans already wired for the interlock switch if it were a manual from the factory? If so it would save me a ton of time.

Also instead of jumping the wires for the neutral safety switch from the auto what would I need to have in order to have it more "factory" I don't mindswitching harnesses if it will make wiring simpler for me in the future.

I've searched for these things but I can't find these specifics that I'm after.

Also all harnesses would be from a 93 and back pathy or hardbody just for simplicitys sake.

Haha Thanks! I'm going to find a way to get one wired in. I'd really like to have it since I off road quite a bit, not to mention if I can have it I want it in there lol

Haha Thanks! I'm going to find a way to get one wired in. I'd really like to have it since I off road quite a bit, not to mention if I can have it I want it in there lol

Well it shouldn't be to hard if you study the FSM a bit. I know there is a spot for a switch/button on the clutch pedal bracket. IIRC, the clutch interlock relay is in the same spot as the Park Neutral relay in the Automatics. I think the clutch start cancel buttons replaced the auto's power button on the dash.

If you jumper the existing park neutral relay, you can start the truck, and start in gear. I've wanted to convert mine, but at the moment, it hasn't seemed important enough for my limited time. :shrug::beer:

Edited by Harbinger

Well seeing as I still have probably a few months worth of work to do in total I'll have plenty of time to pull harnesses from a truck that has the switch so I can compare and if need be swap them out. I'd like to have it just so I don't have to get in to start it up if I'm out camping and stuff. Either way I'll post my findings on this when I get to it.. it's on a very long list that keeps getting bigger :/

That was one of my ideas, if that doesn't work then I'll just make a big harness to test with and once I figure it out I'll shrink it down to size if swapping the harnesses becomes problematic

I imagine you could just run the wires that used to go to the park/neutral switch to the clutch switch instead, and then tap into that harness if you want an interlock bypass switch.

That was my thought too.