P1145 timing code

Zero

I need some advice on a code in getting in my 01 qx. P1145 intake valve timing solenoid circuit bank 2. I've already replaced the sensor twice (i thought the first may have been bad but am still getting the code after the second one) and can't find any circuits related to that sensor and all my fuses are good.

I'm stumped.

Anyone have any advice or experience work yours code?

Sent from my nearly dead S6

Have you stepped through the diagnostic procedure in the FSM, or swapped the sensors to see if the code travels (if sensor is bad, should throw P1140)?

I don't think the sensors can be swapped as they are shaped differently. What's FSM?

Sent from my nearly dead S6

That might be the case...wasn't sure.

FSM is the Factory Service Manual...the Holy Grail of your truck. It's the official Nissan guide that dealerships use, and it's freely available thanks to the folks at NICO.

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/infiniti-qx4-factory-service-manuals.html

Click your year (not sure if you're an 01 or 01.5, but they should be nearly identical), then check out the Engine Control or EC chapter. That code appears at EC-472 or EC-483 depending on which FSM is for your MY.

• 3 years later...

I have the same issue with the P1145 / intake valve timing solenoid circuit bank 2 not clearing. I got one from Amazon, and got one from pick-a-part and the engine light would stay clear if I don't turn off the engine. The next time I drive, the engine light returns. The parts are not interchangeable. I've driven for weeks with this issue. Does anyone know how to permanently resolve it?  I change the oil every three month with high mileage oil filter and semi synthetic. I have the faulty engine that burns oil, so with my typical driving, I have to put in a quart a week.  Any other information you need to help me resolve this, I am all ears. 

Thanks in advance.