Selling my Pathy

enginerd

Hey all, bad news. My '94 lost 3rd gear as an end result of an oil-underfilled manual transmission. Wish I'd known about that TSB when I had a shop do the work, but that was years ago, and I trusted the shop to do it. Damn.

Anyway, I'll be putting up an ad in the for vehicles for sale section. If someone here wants to swap the transmission out, you'd have yourself a pretty solid truck for damn cheap. And I'd be REALLY happy if it went to a good home.

I hope this doesn't mean goodbye. If you've been on a trail run with me, you undoubtedly helped me along, and I've enjoyed and appreciated every bit of it. (Oh, and Derek, I still have your spare TREs!) I did end up picking up an Xterra last year, and if you'll have me, I hope to join you on another run in the future. And nothing says my WD21 days are over... while I do really like the new X, I LOVED my Wigwam.

I'm torn apart to let her go, but other circumstances left me with too many vehicles, and something has to give. I can't see myself spending the money to fix her up, when I could put that money into another project instead.

Damn again.

Matt

I'm daydreaming of another trail run in her. Would be limited to 1st and 2nd gears only. Might be asking to be towed out...

Either that, or trying to do wheelies in 2-low this weekend,then donating her.

Just want one more good memory.

Maybe! Though I may just get the transmission swapped by then, too. I'm finding better than expected prices.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I've been radio silent. Dealing with craigslist is no fun. But a guy came by yesterday that will likely buy her tonight. Sad. I'll need a Tahuya run to break in the X either way!

Well, if we can't get one in soon, I know I will be going on Memorial Day weekend(probably Sunday). I've been doing so for the last two years and this might make it a thing 3 in a row!

Sorry about the loss! Oh well, you got to have lots of fun in it!

• 4 weeks later...