SFD Steering Link details

hawairish

On 3/21/2020 at 2:24 PM, adamzan said:

FTFY

Agreed.

Though, it was a flip on a quote that came from the R50 FB group saying that NPORA gives owners bad info.  The person who wrote it is king of bad info.

• Like 3

Honestly, the quality of the information is self-evident. Anybody who shuns the forum over FB clearly has chronic judgement issues. I’m not particularly mechanical but I can recognize a careful & thorough thought process. It’s a shame NPORA allows the FB to have the same name - it would be fine if it were different.

• Like 2

Years ago the FB group was started mainly for the really active members to have a place to chat. Then as facebook groups evolved more people joined. A few years ago when photobucket pulled their bull@!*% that was the real nail in the coffin for forums. Now that people are starting to realize how evil FB is, maybe they will come back here.

• Like 2

Yep, PB took a big chunk out of forums, and FB was well-situated to pick up the pieces. The one thing that Farcebook has over forums (apart from the fact that people are already on their platform) is the ease of posting pictures. Drag, drop, done. Here, it's a pain in the ass involving external hosting that generally either isn't supposed to be used for this purpose or requires a paid subscription, and either way they may go dark at any time. (Except Tapatalk, I guess--I haven't tried that but seem to remember hearing it has some kind of image hosting built in?) A database of knowledge isn't as useful when half the pictures are greyed out. I know hosting pictures takes a ton of room, and costs money, and would require constant growth (or pruning, and who's gonna go back and delete their junk photos), but another forum I lurk on for my dad's truck makes it work, and is still very much alive. (It's also covering a much more popular vehicle, so, our mileage may vary.)

8 hours ago, adamzan said:

You can attach files here now, see example:

Capture.PNG

But only very very small ones, from what I've experienced a pic will only fit if you reduce its resolution hugely.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Woodward has gotten so many requests they have a kit for 4" SFD pathfinders now, pn DK-1P. Ran me about $180 before shipping.

The Honda steering extension from a 4th gen Accord is too long if you rotate the rack. Also the splined section from the Honda is larger than the Nissan's causing poor fitment, do not recommend.

On 7/20/2023 at 1:41 PM, XPLORx4 said:

Is that part number indicated on their website catalog yet?

I couldn't tell you, I just called with the part numbers from this thread and the nice lady told me they have a kit now.

FWIW I had to make a new channel for the set screws about a 0.25" in from one of the existing ones to get the rack rotated enough. Always fun taking an angle grinder to shiny new parts 😆😐