All weather rubber floor mats - has anyone bought them lately?

schoboat

I'm looking to buy some all weather floor mats like the Weathertech all weather floor mats and I'm not convinced what WeatherTech recommends will work well since they really designed it for a 2008 Pathfinder, but they say it is a close fit.

I sent them a message:

Your site is currently saying that W222TN-W20TN is the write part number for the front and rear mat set, but has some caveats like it is not a proper fit.

On the other hand, I see part number W3TN-W20TN on Amazon and other places.

What is the difference between W222TN and W3TN?

I got the following two responses:

Weather Tech assigned part # W222-W20 to be the best possible fit out of our many shapes and sizes. Some rear mat sizes are designed to be trimmed, so that they may be customized to fit almost any vehicle. We don’t list part W3 for this vehicle. We recommend going to http://www.weathertech.com/ , so you can get the correct product information for your vehicle.

The W3TN was on of the very first part numbers we starting selling back in 1989 when the company was founded. It's a basic shaped mat that can accomodate various vehicles. The W222TN was made specific for the 08.5 -12 Pathfinder and Xterra. I would say our product development team felt it worked better for the older Pathfinder than the W3TN. Some of the Amazon stores are not authorized resellers are probably have not updated their files as of yet.

I don't see anything else out explicitly there for the R50. I'll even get generic floor mats if someone has had a good experience and fit with them.

Any pointers? Thanks!

I bought my 2002 Pathfinder brand new and still running strong (albeit I have rebuilt the front end, put new fuel injectors on it, etc). I like it and don't see a real equivalent available anymore. I don't care for the new Pathfinders and mine is paid for. :)

You can give the universal weathertech's a role of the dice. Alternatively, have you hit up Nissan to see if they still offer the OEM version? I have them in mine and aside from the driver's which wore out the rest are amazing. Last resort we picked up some goodyear brand from sam's club for the wife's odyssey last year, and they seem to be holding up great, cut to fit style.

• Like 1

I have the Weathertech stuff for my truck. front and back seats and cargo area. Everything is a great fit except the front passenger floor. It works OK, like a universal fit would. You could cut/trim it to fit better if you were inclined, but don't have to.

• Like 1

I have the Weathertech stuff for my truck. front and back seats and cargo area. Everything is a great fit except the front passenger floor. It works OK, like a universal fit would. You could cut/trim it to fit better if you were inclined, but don't have to.

So just to confirm, you have a 97 Pathfinder (R50) with the WeatherTech mats purchased not too long ago?

Thanks for the response!!

So just to confirm, you have a 97 Pathfinder (R50) with the WeatherTech mats purchased not too long ago?

Thanks for the response!!

That's affirmative. Got the mats for Christmas.