The "Betsy" build

cntryboy_88

So I've been on here for a couple months now I've had my pathfinder aka "Betsy" a little over a year now and I've done a few things to her and I will have a lot more to come here hopefully in the next few months so I decided I would start to post stuff on here as I know many people seem to enjoy reading this stuff (at least I do anyway) so to start I have a 98 pathfinder I got it with 190.000 miles on her and now I'm up to about 204-205ish (my instrument cluster quit working and I got a new one from the good ol JY that reads like 282k) I've added a roof rack pro comp 51 series and 31x10.50x15's...I have a cobra 19 cb on the inside with my 3ft firestick mounted just below my right rear window...I've also added my storage box inside which I did start a post about that...but many more things to come.

I want to add a lift with bigger tires

Bumpers and Winch

HiLift and mount it to the roof rack

Rock sliders

Double din touch screen inside

I'm thinking about manual hubs but have mixed emotions

And I'm sure I will think of more later on

This is what she used to look like

49ffe7d825fc0fd7af595cb4bcba35bf.jpg

Then she was all black at one time and now this is the color I intend to keep for awhile

8c7fa927e30a3a3a279da3d462200ab4.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Looking good! Although I'm not too happy about you stealing the same name that I call my old girl, but regardless :). It is fun to see more and more of these trucks being modified and wheeled. I'm hoping, perhaps dillusionally, that this interest will start to drive the aftermarket world to support the similar to the WD-21 chassis. That being said, for now it is slim pickings on aftermarket support!

What did you use to paint it? Mine is so pinstriped and dented that I'm about to just roll on bedliner the thing once I get a dedicated daily driver.

When I did her black I did spray on truck bed coating then I just used od green rattle can to go over that...so it still has the rough feel to it prevents rust which I have hardly any off and actually does help to prevent against scratches pretty well

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from talking to the guy about the spacers for my SFD and what was sitting on my porch?!?!

be3f4b2e34461686dc782d9c52c4ffad.jpg

Should get the mounts for my roof rack in a few days...also this weekend I'm picking up my 3.5 engine and tranny with 120k miles on it to replace my 205k 3.3 so it should be an interesting adventure getting everything switched over to the newer better engine

Also in the process of replacing every brake line on her and the brake booster along with a master cylinder...I hate brakes

• Like 1

Just the engine transmission ecu and tranny control unit...I'm getting nervous though that my guy isn't gonna come through I'm supposed to pick it up Sunday and haven't heard from hom

a0b4ca9a9509a40386e5e7d24d09465c.jpg

Besty got her new heart tonight!!!!

2001 3.5 with 120k miles on it... transmission and transfer case as well

I've begun the process of stripping the old engine and it's gonna be a couple weeks before I pull the motor because I'm also doing my subframe drop in the process which will be easier with the motor out and I'm currently waiting for that to be made and I still have to order more parts...however I will keep posting on here as I go through the process...it's gonna be a fun future ahead for myself!

• Like 2

Thanks! I tried to start on removing things tonight but that didn't happen...I've got a week and a half off starting next week so all I'm doing every day is as much as I can to get this old engine out

So did a little work tonight

58814c78b8e065c93413a564b52d5dd2.jpg

Pulled the radiator and alternator and a couple belts off

6a51359608ef2820bf6c0a9a17e24464.jpg

Got the wiring harness disconnected from the motor...now I gotta disconnect the transmission and the mounting bolts and she'll hopefully be out by the end of the weekend!

969678d32d774f824d4c7289f36ecb4a.jpg

e18f0fbe4bd82e8e13265816e8247f22.jpg

Got my bumper today! Once I get the truck running again I'm gonna drive down to my buddy's house to get this installed (aka reinforced so it doesn't fall/rip off)

Should be getting the tranny disconnected by the end of the weekend so hopefully I should be able to pull the engine out

Did some more work tonight...took the starter off and then took the stock front bumper off...was trying to get a good look of what it would look like with the new bumper but that didn't work out to well...tomorrow I'm gonna try to get the driveshafts removed and the exhaust unbolted then I'll remove the bolts to the transmission...trying to have my engine out this weekend...we shall see!

89dd7c405a7ad288dbfb873c3baf2b0a.jpg

e18f0fbe4bd82e8e13265816e8247f22.jpg

Got my bumper today! Once I get the truck running again I'm gonna drive down to my buddy's house to get this installed (aka reinforced so it doesn't fall/rip off)

Should be getting the tranny disconnected by the end of the weekend so hopefully I should be able to pull the engine out

I was wondering where you got Thai bumper and if it would fit on my 1997 Nissan Pathfinder LE

These bumpers are made for the Jeep XJ, but can be made to fit our rigs as the width is very similar. But it will take significant modifications to mount it up and reinforce it. I built my own brackets and welded them onto my "frame" and other locations. This is not an easy mod, and definitely not a bolt on mod, just a heads up.

These bumpers are made for the Jeep XJ, but can be made to fit our rigs as the width is very similar. But it will take significant modifications to mount it up and reinforce it. I built my own brackets and welded them onto my "frame" and other locations. This is not an easy mod, and definitely not a bolt on mod, just a heads up.

Thanks for your help on this reply! I'm on the road driving 1100 miles back home to Kansas tonight

• 2 weeks later...

So I sold my trailblazer tonight which means I finally have money to continue this build so I will be ordering a crap ton of parts tomorrow and I'm sure the ups guy won't be to happy with all the boxes...oh well anyway below is the list of parts being orders

I have my guy finishing my SFD kit this week so I need all associated parts with that...I will be adding the 2" lift coils along with that and the wj springs for the rear along with the F250 shocks

New rack & pinion

Extended brake lines

Steering shafts extension

35x12.50x15's

Wheel spacers all the way around

Smittybilt 10k winch w/ synthetic rope

Mile marker manual hubs

Rock sliders

I'm also in the process of trying to figure out an exhaust...I'm thinking about high flow cats with cherry bombs but I'm not real sure...also I've seen a couple other write ups of someone running 350z headers so I'm thinking about that as well...

And provided money doesn't run out I'm gonna run a k&n cold air intake

I'm still waiting for the ecu ignition and key the guy has it but he's being slow...he cut the wiring harness but I found one at the junkyard in good shape so I'm gonna grab that one