Stock running boards

feldy3

I have a 95 XE. I know these did not come with running boards, but, i found a pair in great condition, which I'll retrofit to make them last.

My question is: Can I mount these on my XE? I mean, is there a place on the XE frame to mount them to? Or, will I have to fabricate or drill into the frame?

Thanks,

Marc

Stock running boards mounted with a 2-piece bracket at the front that wrapped around the frame, were bolted together, and then bolted to bracket on the tubes. Rear mounted with a backing plate that went inside the frame rail and was bolted brackets. AFAIK, the frames are the same on SE & XE, so no drilling should be required if you have those mounting brackets.

To be clear...are you talking about a proper running board or the tubular nerf bars that became an option.

I had running boards on an '88 and '90 that were from an after market manufacturer and were installed with brackets to the body and not the frame. The Nissan tubes do attach to the frame like 'xterra' mentioned.

They are the stock "tubes". The mounting brackets are included with the sale. So, it should be pretty self explainatory, right?

BTW I've never seen a Pathfinder with anything other than the tubular ones. Pav, do you have a pic?

Unfortunately, I had those trucks before the age of digital photos.

However, if you picture search on Google the Terrano WD21 you will see that they did have running boards from Nissan that integrated into the fender flares. Plenty of pics of that to give you an idea of that style.

The tube one's you have install differently...they do attach to the frame with the brackets you have. There was someone here that had a write up of their install with pics.

Edited by Pav
  • Like 1

76ab86bdf524ac3a7c0b98b80a06ad56.jpg These are the original side rails on mine.4e3dfa9439ea162ad202e7d8d425fc50.jpg This first pic shows the mounting bracket bolt circled in red, with a rubber bung circled in green as a reference point. Yours should be identical if you look under there behind your front wheel.3200a092b777bf98e573352028ef7f0d.jpg This shows three mounting points. Added up, there's about 16 bolts in total.9ca0590d0d96747e559442789425657c.jpg There's two mounting bolts at the rear wheel arch.dd6fc4edd3aa42fc0b3d3767378cdf1e.jpg Final pic shows a view looking towards the front, with the gap between the body and the frame rail where the side rails fit in beautifully. Hope these pics are of some use and good luck