Sign in to follow this  
txpath4x4

Dying cat sound

Hey peeps. I believe it is my electric power steering making the sound. It's interment and sounds horrible. Also when it does it you can feel vibrations in the engine bay. Just wondering if anyone else has had the issue? Thanks good for 100k certified Nissan warranty

More or less the motor produces the sound also check for other defective suspension parts. Vibration could also be due to a worn engine support.

Also have you inspected for any loose mud guard or flaps lately? That could also the culprit of the strange noise.

No I haven't. But I could check them just for grins

Electric power steering... there's a thing. Does it only make the noise when you steer? How's the fluid look (assuming it still uses fluid)?

The sound is intermittent. And the fluid level keeps dropping. Now it just whines all the time. Also one of my cooling fans is going out... This car is becoming a pain in the ass

Making noise, losing fluid... yeah, that system had a short life. Hopefully warranty doesn't jerk you around too bad.

If its loosing fluid, surely there is a leak somewhere also sure there is some air in the system.

We have a 2015 and it's noisy, but not leaking any fluid. I have noticed other R52's in parking lots sound the same as mine. It's the first car weve had with electric power steering, so I have been chalking it up to being somewhat normal.