Ready to take the plunge but have a lot of questions

Dave.Bert

I purchased a 2004 Pathfinder LE

I have been doing a lot of reading here and on other forums.

I am wanting to redo the suspension. The Odometer has over 200K miles so i am thinking that the suspension is pretty much toast.

I am to replace the warn suspension that is there with something better.

The parts that i have questions are the shock/struts and springs. I am looking at using the Old man emu springs and shocks and the KYB Excel-Gs struts in front. Has anyone tried this setup? Can anyone give me any suggestions?

Also will the 1.5 to 2 in lift that comes with the OME setup cause issues with the CV joints int he shafts?

I am going to be installing Manual locking hubs in the front(Rugged Ridge 15001.61) With .25 inch spacersTrans-Dapt Performance Disc Brake Spacers 7107 (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/TRD-7107/) . I know that i need to redo the studs. can i use the same ones that are for the rear or do i need to use a M12x1.5(necessitating new lug nuts)?

With the spacers installed what is the largest tire that i can install? what would be a good tire to install for both on and offroad as well as snow on the roads?

I am going to do a Missing link. I can fab one myself It is going to cost me about $10 ill post pics of what i build.

Future Mods are:

Skid Plates

at least front and possibly middle

Front brush guard

Tail light guards

Lights in front and rear and on top.

How have you run the wiring for the lights? and mounting suggestions.

I am planning on installing a ham radio and a CB radio.

Does anyone have any pics of the install of the radio as well as the install of the antennas?

Any suggestions on the wiring for the power of the radios?

This is a partial list of threads that i have read so far on my '04 R50

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/39147-longer-wheel-stud-options/

http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/33354-manual-locking-hubs-with-stock-03-04-wheels/

Any other suggestions for recommended reading on this forum or others

I can answer some: from stock I upgraded to OME HD springs and Kyb struts front, OME MD rear (only OME option) and OME Shocks. My rear "sag" was nicely lifted up and the front much more level. I also installed the "trim packer" (basically a 5/8" strut spacer) on the top of the struts for a more level front end.

Before and After OME/Kyb

20803581239_1a817815b2.jpg 20802428828_2a30c40fa1.jpg

I know the pictures are not exactly straight, but the difference was very noticeable. My old shocks and struts were all completely wasted, so the handling was greatly increased. NO CV Issues with this setup at all. OME is designed to work with your factory setup to not require additional modifications.

The truck in those two links is actually mine, so I can confirm or comment on a few things:

I still run mostly OME, and still dig it. I changed out the rear shocks to longer Monroes, and the drop in ride quality was noticeable. Haven't run KYBs, but I think most people have been pleased with them.

I still have the rear studs up front and 1/4" spacers. With OE 16" wheels (as shown in the threads) and 245/75/16, no issues with tire clearance near the strut. Clearance is a little tighter with SFD and 265's, necessitating camber bolts. I plan to revert the front studs to OE length and run 1" spacers, possibly with Toyota wheels...but if I go that route, I may change all the studs to 12x1.5 for a few reasons.

The RR hubs have held up well. I recently had to pull one to check my wheel bearing, and it's in good shape and has seen some decent use recently.

As you'll find out, interior space for accessories and gadgets is at a premium. I installed a CB a few months ago, but instead opted for a handheld unit that has a car adapter so that it didn't need to be permanently mounted anyway. I just ran the antenna lead to the center console, and use the power socket in there. https://midlandusa.com/product/75-822cb-radio/

ok tonight i have ordered the OME suspension without the front struts. I am getting the KYBs for the front.

I was looking at the stock fog lights and am wondering if there is a good upgrade for them?

Other than upgrading the bulbs in them, or converting them to LED or HID, the only thing, and possibly best option is to tear them out and put aftermarket "off-road " LED's in there. This might take some customization, but that's the name of the Game when you own an R50!

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

• 2 weeks later...