mice getting inside 00 pathfinder se

fearkobe

My pathfinder had this problem when it was garaged. First picture of decon bed... not sure, but they liked it so much. Anyhow, a mechanic suggested Vanillaroma (little trees) in the engine bay. I've used them ever since and no mouse problems at all. My parents live on the coast with garaged vehicles, and had this problem - until this solution. I replace them every 5-6 months, or as I remember. (it is about time again) I like the smell, so I use 2 trees - one on each side. My hood "insulation" did suffer. You may spot the 2nd tree on the left - hanging from the throttle line (cruise).

Tip: do not place near exhaust...

Bonus: your car smells nice when you arrive somewhere.

Sadly, it is not mix/match. I believe it is specifically the vanilla scent that drives them away.

20997953011_c709aa51b5_z.jpg

21475988496_952fd4e380_z.jpg 20879469074_f042d06e6d_c.jpg

• Like 1

I hate mice. They crawled into my blower motor and heater box and crapped everywhere. I've thrown out two of those hood insulation panels because of mouse nests. We did have barn cats, but then we had a cougar, and then we didn't have barn cats anymore. I found four of them the other day in a closed drawer where they'd eaten the seeds for the garden and the gardening gloves as well. The only thing I know of that's eating the mice are the snakes, and that's another problem. I might have to give those trees a go. Maybe if I bought them in bulk, mulched them, and spread the mulch around the yard...

One tip I picked up on a fishing trip last summer is to leave your hood up when you're parked at a campsite. Apparently the mice don't feel safe with the hood up and so are less likely to climb in and gnaw on the wiring. We left the hood on my dad's Yota up and the mouse stayed out of the engine bay. It got into the cab instead and somehow ended up between the roof and the headliner, running back and forth as we drove home.

I feel you. The pathy I just bought has been sitting in the desert for several months. Lots of poop and cactus buds. Going to strip the interior and start sanitizing it this weekend.

And then find a mountain lion.

• Like 1