Homelink install

almalave

I have home link but it won't work with the newer state scram jet code whatever, garage door openers I think it's because they introduced that feature in 96, and mine was made in 95.

You can also do this by buying a home link rear view mirror or retrofitting in the stock location, C5 Corvette guys do it all the time. The only down side is having to have a upholstery shop stitch the visor back together.

-Kyle

I have home link but it won't work with the newer state scram jet code whatever, garage door openers I think it's because they introduced that feature in 96, and mine was made in 95.

You can also do this by buying a home link rear view mirror or retrofitting in the stock location, C5 Corvette guys do it all the time. The only down side is having to have a upholstery shop stitch the visor back together.

-Kyle

Same here with my '97. I assume the transmitter is working as designed, but it won't operate any garage doors I've tried.

Sorry but could not post originally on the website and tried through tapatalk and it kept getting stuck so I ended up trying 6 times. Then at the end it worked (6 times!)

Ok back to the homelink. Apparently there are some earlier production homelink devices that don't work with rolling code garage door openers. So if you are going to buy on ebay, be sure so check. I did this install a couple of years ago on a mini cooper I had, so I had practice.

On this one I ended up having to enlarge the holes a little bit more than in the picture with a file but in the end it worked well. Tapped for power on the overhead light cable. Just have a bit of patience and confidence. I put 2 pieces of cardboard on top of the homelink between the roof and the homelink for support.

Sorry but could not post originally on the website and tried through tapatalk and it kept getting stuck so I ended up trying 6 times. Then at the end it worked (6 times!)

Did you remember to log in? ;)

Didn't get stuck, you got Crapatalk'ed! TT will throw false errors out, but just refresh your post/topic view and you will see that your content was posted the first time, and the second, third, fourth... you get the idea ;)