Considering chopping my fenders

patqx4

So I'm getting 5 new 32" BFG KM tires, my 31's barely clear as is, I don't want to run spacers and can't afford to SFD. I'm seriously thinking about cutting the fenders and folding a lip inward right to where the plastic flares meet the fender. The front bumper would need to be cut too, along the same contour.

The problem is once it's done if it looks stupid, there's no going back.

Is it a terrible idea or should I go for it?

I did it to fit my 33's. It doesn't look wrong at all.

However, without using spacers, the inside edge of the tire will rub the frame rail when you turn lock to lock.

In fact, my 31's did. Although it didn't bother anything.

Another problem, is that I really don't think that 32" tires will clear your strut perch. (again, not unless you get spacers.

I have 1.5" wheel spacers, strut perch will not be an issue. I was referring to strut spacers. I ran 1" ones and had camber and CV issues, rather not go that route again.

Then your front springs have collapsed or broken. I have 31s and clear just fine. hell, they did with no OME springs. So 32s shouldnt be any worries, unless your front has dropped that much. Especially considering BFG tend to run small. May say its 32" tire but only measure 31.5"

I cut my fenders too for my 33's. I like the look better as it actually makes the front and rear look the same. I also removed parts of the plastic liner as it no longer has certain areas to attach to. But it is easy to cut with a box cutter, punch a hole through and zap strap it on elsewhere inside the fender. That way you get to keep some of the wires and cables covered. But my rig is my monster and I'm Dr Frankenstein lol.

ed785b155660862cbaf633becff831c2.jpg

ec669ed8fdbcbb425c89597a2b3c276a.jpg

3115828ad33633cfb12ade8007bbe1a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Crapatalk

Much thanks to cnam and cdn_s4 for the pictures.... I will get the tires on first then see where I'm at. Cdn, where did you get the rubber fender flare material? (Also what's your first name so I can stop calling you cdn_s4)

Edited by patqx4

It looks like he has the Pacer Flexy Flares on there. I have been using those for a while as well and I really like them. I have some around 4" wide but I think they make 2 and 3 inch wide ones as well.

• 6 months later...

is there anyway to pop off the whole fender flare? I dont want my Q to look stupid, but its rubbing incredibly bad, and bottoming out over speed bumps. Would it be easy to remove the stock flares, and put on some flexy flares? And would it look bad? Do not currently have the budget for a leveling kit. 21jvomc.jpg

Yes, they are only held on by plastic pop rivets. Remove the inner wheel liner, and squeeze/ push them out from the back. Only downside is there will be holes in your fenders.