I want to replace the fuel pump cap/wires/sender. Fuse blowing.

TheRadBaron

After fixing the coolant temperature sender that was causing my '87 SE to run poorly everything was great and I was loving life for a few days. Then my fuel pump fuse started blowing. It was on a really rainy night and I had to trailer the PF home.

I first thought that it was the fuel pump but after doing some research on here it seems that it's likely the sending unit shorting out.

I found this thread http://www.nissanpathfinders.net/forum/topic/27467-fuel-pump-fuse-blowing/ where the problem is discussed and it's the EXACT problem that I'm having.

GrimGreg posted a few links to courtesyparts.com for the parts. One is the entire fuel pump assembly that incudes the cap/sender part, and the other is just for the cap/sender. I think that I want to buy the cap/sender assembly that's listed as part# B5060-41G01 for $195. There isn't a picture shown so I wanted to make sure that this part is indeed what I want before ordering it. I'm looking for the metal cap with the wires that go through the plastic caps to the fuel pump and sending unit.

Also, isn't there a member here who can get good prices on factory Nissan parts? Can someone steer me in his direction. Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

its the sending unit bud. i created that thread a while back. its not the pump...go grab a junkyard sender ifound mine on craigslist...guy was parting out a 91...although part numbers for 87-89 and 90-95 senders are different i can confirm thay a 91 sender will work in the 89

cheers!