Proper balancing of tires (94 pathfinder)

chrisq

Quick question, while I keep researching, I am wondering because I thought I read somewhere that if you take your pathfinder somewhere to be balanced, most places will no do it properly. What I am trying to figure out, does the pathfinder (mine or any other) require something special (maybe recommended from manufacturer) for a proper balancing? Thanks for any clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accidentally posted twice due to weird error I got using the app. Sorry! Feel free to delete if anyone has that capability....

I think you mean alignment. Balancing of tires is kind of a universal thing. While the alignment on the older (wd21) pathfinders can be somewhat cumbersome. The torsion bars have a slow memory and will need to be driven around the block after being on a lift before put on an alignment rack. Most shops are lazy and will just set the toe and let it go. You need to find a good shop that will set the camber/caster, and then the toe. Some of us here, myself included just do it ourselves with a level for the camber, and string/tape measures for the toe.

If you take it somewhere and they just do the quick alignment, it will eat the outside of the front tires like crazy. The last time I had a "good" shop align my truck it took them the better part of a day, and cost me 200 dollars. Granted it drove perfect and didn't wear the tires even with a suspension lift.

Search around on the net for diy alignment. It's not that hard. These trucks don't need it that perfect anyway. Just get the toe to 1/8" toe in or even 0 toe is fine (may wander a bit though)

• Like 1

Well, Firestone in this area has no issue with lifted Pathfinders either, but generally, you are correct.

Accidentally posted twice due to weird error I got using the app. Sorry! Feel free to delete if anyone has that capability....

I deleted it, and yes, don't believe Crappatalk. It lies to you... ;)

B

• Like 1