Tire Pressure Warning Light

brc19761

I have a 2008 Nissan Pathfinder SE. The tires came from the dealership filled with nitrogen. I have had the truck for about two years now. The tire pressure warning light came on the other day. I checked all the tires and they all had the correct pressure. The light will not got off. I have searched the net and found many different remedies to reset the tire pressure light on Nissan vehicles. The easiest was to put a little more air in the tire and drive it down the road until the light goes off. That procedure didn't work in my case.

I have read where in some cases you have to take it to the dealership to reset the light. I want to try and avoid that. I know my tires having nitrogen in them can be a reason for the light to come on b/c of the difference in weight of the nitrogen compared to air.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to reset the R51 low tire warning light. B/C I have read a lot of different methods, but they have been on different model Nissan vehicles. My light does not flash it just stays on when it is running. I would like to thank anyone who replies in advance b/c I may not be able to reply for a couple of days.

Thanks,

brc

I hate those TPS...had them on an '05 Xterra and drove me nuts...they are temperamental in cold environments and extremely prone to fail when salt (air/water) is added to the mix.

I would not worry about it...check your tire pressure to make sure its good but its most likely the sensor just failing...also take off the cap and look for corrosion. Maybe a shot of some electronic sensor cleaner might do the trick. I don't know how far your drive with it on average but mine would eventually turn off after about 20-30 mins of driving.

Sorry it has took me so long to reply. I have been out of town and have not had any access to the internet. Thanks for the replies. Is there any way to narrow down which sensor is bad on the truck? Would you need to take it to a tire shop or the dealership. I live in South East portion of the US. In south Mississippi to be exact. No, snow or salt mixture here. It is pretty mild all year, but lately we have experienced a cold snap.

Is there any procedure I could do to make the light go off and see if it comes back on. I have an ob2 scanner, but I know it is mainly used for emission problems. I hooked it up anyway and it did not show any codes.

Thanks,

brc