Led light bar

BuffaloR50

Has anyone got a led light for the roof of their r50 I'm looking to buy one and wondering if a 40" bar would fit.

If you have any pictures of one installed I'd like to see what you have done.

Pics for clicks

935eefb78bc6a635ec5330001be694de.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Buddy of mine is trying to sell a 40" bar, though he says it's too wide for the roof rack on his 02 (he's got the newer style). I doubt it'd be a problem mounting it on yours with the lower rails...

Or the roof per CNAM :D

26c30083ae94d98918295d2cede83651.jpg

I got it off eBay. I paid 150. Led factory direct is the seller. The size came in metric. But I converted it to inches and measured. I think it was 40.5" or maybe 41.5". I recommend figuring out how you want to mount it then measure and know the exact size of the light bar you are buying, you can always make spacers as long as it's not too long. Fabing brackets or mounting to a roof rack or cargo basket is always a good option too.

Yea I wanted to run one across from my roof rack I could see how being to long could be an issue I also don't want it short and look silly.

I define try like the double led bars more

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

You could make brackets so that a second bar could be mounted off of the first above and offset forward or back. For the price I paid I'm stoked with how it turned out. And as much as I use it combined with HID conversions in my headlights, a 24" LED winch bar light and I replaced me factory fog lights w LEDs. And rock lights mounted under the body. I got plenty of lumens in the dark.

I bought a 42" light bar and it's the exact width of the rack rails on the roof. With the feet/mounts on the bar it will be almost exactly 2" too wide to mount into the rails.

40" should be perfect for the r50

I bought a 42" light bar and it's the exact width of the rack rails on the roof. With the feet/mounts on the bar it will be almost exactly 2" too wide to mount into the rails.

40" should be perfect for the r50

Have you tried flipping the mounting brackets? What I mean is flip the brackets on the ends of the bar so they look like this |_ _| instead of _| |_ ? That'd probably make up the difference. You'd have to mount the brackets to the roof rails then the bar to the brackets, but it might be just what you need. Edited by 01Pathmaker

Have you tried flipping the mounting brackets? What I mean is flip the brackets on the ends of the bar so they look like this |_ _| instead of _| |_ ? That'd probably make up the difference. You'd have to mount the brackets to the roof rails then the bar to the brackets, but it might be just what you need.

Pretty sure I looked at that and it's still too long

I really want one of these for my rig, but could never figure out an effective and secure way to mount it to the car (without drilling it to the roof, which will leak) Maybe there is a way to incorporate it using the sliding roof face system and their mounting system....hmmm

Hey Xplorer hows the light spread with the light mounted a little farther back in the roof?

-Kyle

I don't have pics of just the mounts but here are a few,
I made a few different types of mounts out of Engineering paper all to scale so I could tape it to some sheet and cut it out with my jigsaw. Ended up being the farthest right one that worked the best.
20150917_192527_zpsoyanydle.jpg

Then I bolted in all the mounts lose so I could add a small shim to take out some slop, then I aimed it and tightened all bolts up using some never seize to stop any galvanic corrosion . The door seal actually has a built in channel that I used to run my 14 gauge wiring up the door sill.
20150924_150817_zpskuqoorhv.jpg

• Like 4

I actually have a 42" olympus zues hd combo sitting waiting for mounts. I'm going to fab mounts and weld them to a rola vortex roof rack. And then I'm going to run the wires down the rain gutter that follow forward of the rack rails and under the windshield grommet on the side of the windshield. Once all is done I will post pics

• 4 years later...
On 10/19/2015 at 11:53 PM, SilverPath said:

I don't have pics of just the mounts but here are a few,
I made a few different types of mounts out of Engineering paper all to scale so I could tape it to some sheet and cut it out with my jigsaw. Ended up being the farthest right one that worked the best.
20150917_192527_zpsoyanydle.jpg

Then I bolted in all the mounts lose so I could add a small shim to take out some slop, then I aimed it and tightened all bolts up using some never seize to stop any galvanic corrosion . The door seal actually has a built in channel that I used to run my 14 gauge wiring up the door sill.
20150924_150817_zpskuqoorhv.jpg

I know this post hasn't been visited in awhile, but is that 1/4" graph paper you made those designs on?

13 hours ago, CamoKy said:

I know this post hasn't been visited in awhile, but is that 1/4" graph paper you made those designs on?

Not great odds that you'll get on a reply on a 5 year old post, so I'll throw my 2 cents out there. Looks like engineering paper to me, which would have 0.2" spacing on the grids. :my2cents:

22 hours ago, CamoKy said:

Looks like 0.25" spacing to me.  Middle piece has 2.5" written on it and covers 10 units.