Sharp turning = clicking and crunching in front end

maddmark1981

So the other day I was in a tight spot (4point turn) and as I was cut all the way to one side it sounded like my cv's were jumping or missing cogs or something, I don't know but, I checked the CV,'s and both the boots on both side are great shape visually ... Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Mark

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Inspect your power steering stops on the knuckle. They are supposed to have a little bushing over the and contact the lower control arm when at full lock. If they are missing either replace them or grease the contact point.

Oh, here's a tip, stop using Crapatalk. Lots of people have had issues with it and I noticed you may be using it to. Just use a regular browser and you won't worry about double posts and stuff.

• Like 1

x2 on both.

From what I understand, Crapatalk will post an error message making you think you need to click POST again, but in reality all it does is make the staff run around and delete duplicates. Please refresh before you re-click or use the browser. :aok:

B

• Like 1

Noise from my front left took me to my mechanic. I thought it was strut related. Cv was dry, boot was fine, no grease. He injected some, but highly urges me to replace it. "Once it is making noise, it is bad". I don't want to have it done, but may have no choice with winter coming. Perhaps your issue is similar. I am on original 2000 CVs (as far as I know). I never have trouble taking it to the shop for a mechanics opinion - just seems wise - rather or not I actually follow his advise.

Edited by pepperjack26
  • Like 1

yeah, I just installed the tap talk, your right about the error message, and I didn't realise it until redpath (admin) pointed out the multiple posts it made... as far as the clicking I'll inspect the cv and those stops tomorrow hopefully.... thanks fellas

No worries, it is a learning curve. Again, many people use the site without it as well. What ever works for you (and us)...

CVs won't be turning unless you are in 4wd with a WD21. R50s have drive flanges, so the CVs are always spinning unless you install manual hubs (#1 recommended upgreyedd)

B