Bushings?

maddmark1981

Sorry for the multiple posts fellas, its my first photo upload and I'm using taptalk on my phone, I still can't quite figure it out but I'm getting there... Yeah this is the drivers side, passengers side is in great shape, I'm guessing it was replaced...

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Crapatalk is not your friend...

I'd replace both at the same time. It isn't an expensive part, and you will have both sides equal. Fairly important when it comes to front end/steering components...

B

• Like 2

Poly should last longer, but will transmit more vibration/impact than rubber. How much more? Hard to say...

Personally, I consider these bushings to be a service item. 30k miles in salt zones, 50-60k miles anywhere else. Maybe overkill, but they trap a lot of crap and get a lot of abuse...

B

So yesterday I go in to get the compression rod or (strut rod bushings, expecting to see a black rubber product and whammy! Turns out they're blue, I'm assuming these are poly? Is that fair to say?cc2500e93f13a6d2ea631e5c2c8d680d.jpg

8df70f8f4bf90e06761296c67ac46eec.jpg

I'm no expert but this rod seems FUC$$D, and now I am too... I called the parts store, nope, don't got em, called the junk yard, nope can't get em... Wtf? Can this be modified to work?

Replace those rods. Look around on the online parts stores for them. When I was needing to replace mine (looked about like yours), I found new ones were about $40 each. Kinda steep, but that's what's out there. I got blue poly Moog bushings and they look like yours. I like them.

• Like 1

Ouch.. I replaced them but just tightened them up with the wrench as far as I could twist it on with a 1516 wrench I couldn't get my torque socket arm in that tight space