Fan Clutch Replacement

maddmark1981

Owes she goin' bye?

I'm getting a constant running fan while I'm driving and So I was told it was me fan clutch so I went to the CARQUEST Auto part store here in Nova Scotia and got me one for about a $100 Bucks and change, so....No I gots to put it in.... Im only 8 months old with this Nissan and haven't had to do much to the motor besides change the starter and plugs ... Whats the best way to tackle this job? Anyone out there done this before? I need help!

Take the 104 to 2 and head to Moncton. Turn left and head southwest on 1 until you hit Maine. Continue on 9 until you hit 95 south. Take that to Philadelphia area an pick up 276 West. Go to exit 326 and post when you get there. I'll grab a wrench, pop out of my office and change it for you. See ya in about 15 hours.

• Like 1

ok, so today I tackled the fan clutch it was pretty straight forward... but... first off the clutch was different from the original, it had open slots instead of plain ol bolt holes for the part that goes onto the fan mount wheel, and it was a bit thicker, it came with longer bolts but I opted just to use the old ones, I tightened them enough just so I could see the threads...the fan shroud was a bugger cause it was a bit tricky to get it all out to replace it..but all in all it took a stubby phillips screwdriver for the shroud, a 10mm wrench, 10mm socket and a flat head screwdriver to get the fan blade off the semi corroded clutch, the old one was seized and did not spin at all.... shes all good now though....thanks guys