Front diff question

djratlif

I have a 1998 parts vehicle and I'm going to remove the front diff for another member here to use. I am wondering if it is easier to drop the diff with the mounting brackets attached, or does it come out by itself leaving the brackets there?

• Like 1

Perfect, I am not real familiar with the R50 having never owned a roadworthy one. Also, there is no need to fully remove the CV axles right? I unbolted them from the diff already and it looks like they will clear, although the service manual says to remove them completely.

Perfect, I am not real familiar with the R50 having never owned a roadworthy one. Also, there is no need to fully remove the CV axles right? I unbolted them from the diff already and it looks like they will clear, although the service manual says to remove them completely.

Yep, no need to remove them, just rest them on the LCAs and they'll be out of the way enough. Unbolt them from the brackets, and you can lower it down. There's also a breather tube attached up top to disconnect, and that's about it.