Using fuel hoses for lines

94 Pathy

Hey all, curious to know if anyone has replaced fuel lines with fuel hoses? I'm wanting to do this to get lines away from hot headers. What do u think about this idea? Thanks in advance for all the input.

If you're talking about replacing the metal hard lines to reroute them using rubber fuel line hose, technically you can as long as you use fuel injection hose, along with proper clamps. It would be better to get yourself some new hard line (either straight length or a roll depending on the linear footage you'll need), a tubing bender (small handheld will work fine and is inexpensive), an assortment of the appropriate fittings and you can rent or borrow a flaring tool. You'll end up with a cleaner, more reliable setup than you would using rubber hoses.

I'm sure the hoses are gunna run more, but seams so much easier to manipulate around things. Will keep people posted & snap some pictures for others to use as a reference. Thanks again.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I ran black vinyl fuel lines on mine, they are easy to maneuver and run. If I remember right it was around 50 or 70 bucks to do them. Took longer to fix the brake line that broke during the removal of the old lines than to run the fuel lines. As a bonus, the vinyl lines fit directly into the stock looms to make it easy for you.