Cheap Suspension Lift Wanted 95Pathfinder

maddmark1981

Guys and Gal's, I've been looking for a suspension lift for my 95 Stock Pathfinder, I've seen one from "Rough Country for like $349 and it says its for the hard body pick up from 87-95...Will it Fit?

I don't want to sink a bunch of money into her cause I've welded together a MONSTER, at 307,000KM she's running great and I'm not rich by any means, she was a diamond in the grass when I got her ... I made body parts from stove pipe and scrap metal I found in the dump and so here's the thing... I put in a plate system I designed for the passenger rear frame behind the rear wheel out of heavy gauge steel and wrapped it over the existing channel and welded it at 3 solid points and then all the way around, I bought rocker panels from a local parts guy, (They fit perfectly) but is an imperfect job done by myself...The shock absorbers in the rear were completely broke off...lol...not even attached, relying on the spring alone...Got cheapy's from napa... new gas tank, and rear section of gas lines, New exhaust (done by shop) ...Just a Krappy Tire $59 Thrush Exhaust, and it sounds great! New brake pads for the front, Had to put in a new starter from the junkyard, What a BIT#@ of a time I had getting the old one out...ughhh, Put new High End spark plugs, Did a SEAFOAM flush through the master Cylinder... HOLY SMOKES!!!!!! she smoked out the whole neighbourhood, fellah thought my house was on fire....lmao... and theres probably stuff I didn't mention but Ive had her for like 7 months now... Ok so I went out on a Limb and bought 4 Cooper AT3 Tires but theyre 31x10.5/15 and Im thinking that my stock ride hight wont handle those tires so that's why I'm looking for a suspension lift...I want all the ground clearance I can get cause Winter here in Nova Scotia is CRAZY!!!! So back to my topic, is there a Suspension kit out there that will work and for like $500 where I will not have to get into changing @!*% like steering and brake lines and all that Jazz? I'm looking for shocks, springs and the upper control arm right?

Edited by maddmark1981
  • Like 1

Well, the cheapest you can do is reindex and crank the front torsion bars, then find some Jeep Grand Cherokee springs and stuff them in the rear. Many people have done this and minimal modifications are required. Maybe speach jgc springs and you'll find lots of results. Price go up from there and adding any tire larger than stock will put strain on the steering. You can purchase or make a idler arm brace and add a steering stabilizer. Don't be surprised if the steering centerline wears out quickly. Either carry a spare or upgrade. The hardbody upper control arms do fit.

31x10.5x15 are a stock option, so they should work with minimal effort.

Edited by 5523Pathfinder
  • Like 1

You can crank your front end up about 1.5 inches before needing the aftermarket arms. Get the jeep grand cherokee springs. They can be found at wrecking yards or buy new ones. the 95 V8 springs for the front is what you want.

Stove pipe body patches? lmao. Was the frame broken?

I lifted my truck's suspension about 2" for under $100, added a 2" body lift for about $100, added SuperLift UCAs for about $150, paid about $100 for my ARB bumper to be modified, and have a set of Sway-Away bars to install that I bought for about $150.

A Pathfinder lift does not have to be expensive at all. Some kits can be nice and complete/convenient, but then you find out that they won't sell some components or bushings separately. Do your homework before you dump $1k, and it doesn't have to be that way...

B

Percise1 yes the frame was shot on the passenger rear so I arc welded a piece I fabricated from steel channel... I made the dog legs from old stove pipe...I couldn't find anything at my local part store... 8 months later I'm still dealing with body work...lol... You got to be creative in the sticks my friend...