1 inch strut spacers

zach1988

Everyone is certainly entitled to their own opinion, however to say that his products are "crappy" is a gross misrepresentation of what he produces. His products are designed to provide lift to a niche market on a budget, and I'm sure they are designed with certain parameters in mind. There are many (probably at least a hundred or so) that are running stuff from him and have nothing but good things to say. I'm not implying that you didn't have an issue, and yes, there are similar products from different vendors who use different materials. It is up to the buyer to research what's available and make a decision based upon their needs, wants and budget.

• Like 1

stoves products are pretty crappy imo. mine broke and was only offered 30% off on a new set. but i didn't order new ones bc of the fear of them breaking. try 4x4parts.com they offer metal ones that are beefier

They broke because you installed them with a carriage bolt with a square end going in the round holes of the spacers. You over torqued them...

When i asked you if you modified anything , you said no. I even told you that even if they were cracked, they were still doing there job as there is not forces being put on the spacers other than compression forces.

Even after that i offered you 30% rebate and you declined. At 75$ with shipping , do you think i make 100% profit on it ?

I stand by my products and have been helping customers to the best of my knowledge for many years now.

You have been bad mouthing my products on facebook and instagram sine this incident.

If you are going to continue like this, at least post the picture of the spacers with the lag bolts in them. Only an idiot would install them like that!

You have my email address. If you want to write me direct to tell me that my product suck, go ahead! Even better , you have my home address too...just come by.

I guess i'm too old for that crap.

S.

Edited by Precise1
  • Like 4

i installed mine with the bolts supplied... worked great and i put them through hell and many wheeling trips. keep doing what youre doing steve :) might order another set in a few months if youre still making them (for a new rig!)

• Like 1

I am new to forum posting and also to spacers/lifts. After reading forums and weighing costs, I purchased a 1.5" set of spacers for the front and rear. I installed the rear set myself - as I try to do what I can on my own. The front was not going to be my handywork as I do not have those tools, and mine is my daily driver. I needed ball joints and strut bearings, so my mechanic put in the strut spacers for me at no charge - including the camber bolts and an allignment. I have been his customer for 14 years and 4 vehicles - but if you are having something done already (like struts) the charge should not be high.

Spacers: I like them. Have not put them to the test, but my mechanic said they look solid, and would not have installed them if he didn't think they were safe. Ride quality = same as without. Lift as described on Fleurys site. Very happy with mine.

stoves products are pretty crappy imo. mine broke and was only offered 30% off on a new set. but i didn't order new ones bc of the fear of them breaking. try 4x4parts.com they offer metal ones that are beefier

11259878_1169332489747163_68879290496569

I've hinted at it before, but it's clear now: you don't know what you're doing.

Difference of opinion/misapplication/poor installation aside, we all need to remain civil; there is no acceptable reason to be otherwise.

Steve, as a long time member of NPORA, you know better. I understand that you are trying to protect your reputation and that you back your products, but since you are too old for this crap, please act like it. I edited your post, if you have more to say, take it to PMs, or we can start a thread in the Dispute Resolution section where each involved party can post, and no others.

Moving forward, I'd say that the above photo speaks for itself. As a machinist with 20 years of experience and having machined virtually every plastic there is, I can say that it is unusual for HDPE to split like that, especially under a simple compression load. There is obviously something else going on to cause that...

As for the OP, I don't know who makes the best spacers, but as was said, there are a few quality sources, it comes down to price, location and your preferred material.

B

B: Since my comment after the picture adds nothing to this thread, please feel free to edit it out.

Perhaps we should strip/lock down this thread and focus on the answers that best address the OP's question:

This has been covered about a zillion times, the search feature is your friend.

There are similar products from different vendors who use different materials. It is up to the buyer to research what's available and make a decision based upon their needs, wants and budget.

As for the OP, I don't know who makes the best spacers, but as was said, there are a few quality sources, it comes down to price, location and your preferred material.

The four sources for strut spacers that I'm aware of, and the material they use, are (in no particular order):

There's also a used 1" aluminum set on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/131609827276 Edited by RedPath88
Corrected link

Thanks, but for now I'll let things stand. I am talking to Steve, and I suspect he would prefer his response to stay as a rebuttal/defense, and the picture you posted/your observation is quite pertinent to that. If Steve wishes, I will clean the whole thing up, but sometimes things need to be said as well, at least in a calm manner. ;)

Thank you for posting those links and getting things back on track. :beer:

B

I also have Steve fluerys 1" strut spacers on top of ac lift springs. I by no means have a "hardcore" rock crawler but with the setup I have on 33s I have gone through some quite gnarly obstacles. I am not running any sway bars either. I have done everything from very steep rutted hill climbs to romping mud at 40 Mph to going through very rocky river beds with small boulders everywhere. The spacers have held up great so far. If you use the supplied bolts and install according to the very straight forward instructions you will have no issues. I know many people on this forum who use them. I haven't even heard of anyone breaking them before. I am not trying to bash anyone here but to say the products are crappy when they were not installed correctly is a slap in the face to steve. He has gone and done something great for all of us here who want/need affordable parts. This forum is about information and unity. And you my friend bring neither

• Like 1