while I have it apart...

Buchner

• 2 weeks later...

So I replaced the timing chain ( primary and secondary chains), timing guides, timing tensioners, all the gears, water pump, thermostat, all my hoses, spark plugs, oil filter, and of course Royal Purple oil.

Got everything back together and she started really rough and ran for about 5 seconds and died. Started it again same deal. I realized I forgot to put the air box top on and air intake piping. When I tried to start it again it just turns over.

I have swapped the relays in the IPDM, same issue

I turned the key on and pressed the door light switch 10 times, it cycles everything which I read that means the IPDM is good.

I disconnected the battery and tried every computer reset I could find.

Pulled a plug out and set it against the timing cover, no spark! I have been over every connection in the engine compartment and could find anything suspicious, so I called a mechanic friend over and he checked everything he could.

Guys I'm lost confused frustrated please help me before I lose my mind. Everything lined up perfectly when I replaced the chains and gears.

Just going to throw this out there because I've seen it.

If you did not get the cam sprocket aligned with the dowl pin on a camshaft, torque it and collapse the pin, the sprocket can go out of "time" and damage the camshaft and even the head. Hope this did not happen!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

What you are suggesting sounds expensive. Please come up with something else. Lol

But on a serious note I remember getting them finger tight but don't remember actually tightening them, I'm hoping my buddy double checked me on that.

What you are suggesting sounds expensive. Please come up with something else. Lol

But on a serious note I remember getting them finger tight but don't remember actually tightening them, I'm hoping my buddy double checked me on that.

Finally got time to tear it apart last night. The bolts were not tightened. Such a stupid error. Cleaned everything up, got the pins back in, and put it back together. I runs but has a slight chatter from the passenger side.

But I am still at this point $1700 cheaper than the dealer. So I am going to order a few more items for her.