'95 Pathfinder misfiring over 2500 rpm--but only when warmed up

shaggy

The 3.3 Pathy/Xterra are famous for this, wd21, not so much. I just replaced the one in my X, except it wasn't as bad. It would just hesitate and idle rough when warm, caught it before it left me on the side of the road!

Hi Guys--Well, the engine hasn't missed a beat since a week ago when I replaced the distributor bearing. I had the exhaust system checked out and a heat shield and a hanger rewelded. Apparently the cats are OK and noise from the manifolds not an issue.

I checked the timing in the beginning, and a couple times since, and this brings up a question...

I have 4 timing marks on my crankshaft pulley, with smaller marks (three of them) in between those. The small mark in the very middle I think represents 15-degrees BTDC, which, from what I can get out of my manuals is the correct angle to set it (at a low idle).

Is that where you guys set it?

-thanks

Dave

Edited by shaggy

PS--Code 34 still indicating detonation sensor circuit malfunction. It's been that way for a couple years and as usual it doesn't seem to affect anything, so I'm ignoring it.

Timing seems good @ 15-deg BTDC at 750 rpm.

Dave